factory amp bypass

mikedenton49

So i had best buy do a four channel amp install. They used speed wire to go to the connection behind the deck. From there the signal goes back to the factory amp, then back to the speakers. So I decided to remove that plastic rack that holds the ride control and amp so my speaker box would fit. When I removed the amp I was a little violent with it as i didn't thnk id need it again. The front and rear mids and high speakers lost output. So I put the factory amp back in and now only the front channel is recieving a signal. Crap. So my question is, is there a bypass wiring harness available, or does anyone have a wiring diagram to bypass it myself. Prolly should take it back to bestbuy and make them do it. But i like to mess with it myself. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Yes, there is a harness available to bypass the Premium Sound / JBL amp. Plug and play. Metra or Scosche should have it.

Actually, they should have bypassed the factory amp when they installed the new amp. Running one amp through the other does not add more power, only adds distortion and your factory amp is still driving your speakers. Bypass the factory amplifier completely, and you should enjoy considerably better sound.

removing ride control rack

So i had best buy do a four channel amp install. They used speed wire to go to the connection behind the deck. From there the signal goes back to the factory amp, then back to the speakers. So I decided to remove that plastic rack that holds the ride control and amp so my speaker box would fit. When I removed the amp I was a little violent with it as i didn't thnk id need it again. The front and rear mids and high speakers lost output. So I put the factory amp back in and now only the front channel is recieving a signal. Crap. So my question is, is there a bypass wiring harness available, or does anyone have a wiring diagram to bypass it myself. Prolly should take it back to bestbuy and make them do it. But i like to mess with it myself. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I have an issue involving that rack for the ride control also. I too need the space for my sub box(had it my other 90 LX, which is now gone, but I now bought a 90 SC so I am dealing with this stupid rack.) Anyway, I took out my factory amp and left the clips for the bypass but tried to take out that rack and hit some snags. Anyone have any helpful hints or tricks to remove that thing? I looking to go to KYB or Koni, so I will not need this anymore any way. Any one know of any issues or things to watch when removing the ride control components? And if I remove it before I put in the new KYB, Konis, would it just stay in firm or auto or whatever position I leave it in before I disconnect it? Thanks Guys !! 1990 SC, White on Blue, 61k mi

Back