PDA

View Full Version : My First Road Trip

Knightwing
04-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Well I got brave this morning and took my first road trip in my 90 SC. It was a 273 mile round trip adventure to pick up a radiator and it went off with no problems. I have never gone more than 35 miles at any time since getting the car back on the road last July. I had to do the head gasket replacement and fix the ABS system. I live in South Central Tennessee so the trip involved some small mountains and the car did better than I thought it would. I used just a bit under 10 gallons of fuel and no oil loss. I had plenty of power to pass and it handled well on the curves. I did lose my front driver side shock actuator as it went stayed in firm mode the last 50 miles so I will be replacing that soon. It wasnt working when I got the car but I freed it up after reading on here how to do it. All in all I now wont hesitate to drive her anywhere again :)

XxSlowpokexX
04-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Congrats///My car has a tendancy to only break close to home!

Knightwing
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Breaking close to home is what I figured would happen. The transmission went out in Sept last year so we had it rebuilt. It was good to see that the car was up to the drive though. Now it wont be such a yard ornament :D