O2 Orange Ground Wire, Help ASAP

JACTcoupe

Ok so the other day I pull the check engine codes. I got two O2 codes and Now I was read something about the ground wire on the back of the driverside head close to the FPR could be the problem. So I check to see if I could find it and found nothing. Then I went to the Junkyard and check on a 90SC and it was there. So today I pull apart my intake and stuff to get back there, and now looking I see nothing. Not even a place it could have come out the wiring harness. Does the 93 not have this? Im a lil lost please help.
Thanks
~James

OK So i just read somthing about the wire not on the 91's so Im going to guess its not on the 93 either. LOL If anyone has anymore info please inform me. But Im going to put everything back together.

Since I just went through a big headache with my 02 sensors, I'll chime in here...My problem was the wiring harness was wrong for one side. Make sure you have 4 wire 02 sensors and 4 wires at the plug that the 02 sensor plugs in to...

However, if you are having two codes (one for each side), I'm guessing it is more of a lean/rich problem. What are your codes? Do you have a CEL light on?

Yeah I have the light on. Im getting codes 172,176,212,and 214.
212, 214 are from what I read is cam sensor. But guy I bought it from said its new along with the O2 sensors.

It sounds to me like you are just running lean. Do you have stock injectors/MAF? What else has been done to the car? Have you looked for vaccuum leaks. I would check the hose between the intake tube (tube between MAF and TB) and the drivers side valve cover. That tube coming off tends to make your car run lean, but not really show the classic symptoms of a vacuum leak. I don't know how to explain it, but when my car had that tube disconnected, I was running lean too, which somehow caused my ignition system problem. But it could also be your DIS...Need more info to really diagnose. How does the car run?

Yeah Im leaning in that directions. When I pull the Hat and the IC tubes, there nothing sealing them. the hat had no gasket or anything. The intake tube had a gasket but not sealent. You could see where it was leaking. I sealed the hat and the tube today. Now Im boosting 12psi. It jumps to 10psi the climp to 12 with the rpm.

James, I have a set of 3 teflon i/c gaskets you can have if you come and get them. I know a whole set is 4 but you can't beat the price.

Attachments

• ic gaskets 001.JPG
    ic gaskets 001.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 67
I have something to do in the morning but I might ride out to Jenros in the afternoon, if not you can ride by my house.

Personally, I recommend RTV Black...It's cheap and works great for me...But I guess free gaskets aren't bad either...And I would imagine they work too, but I've never tried em...

Personally, I recommend RTV Black...It's cheap and works great for me...But I guess free gaskets aren't bad either...And I would imagine they work too, but I've never tried em...

Nothing wrong with RTV sealant but the teflon gaskets are absolutely great. Not only are they re-usable, you can install them and start up the motor and roll immediately, no waiting for the RTV to cure and there's no mess. I've been using them for years on different cars and not one problem or leak ever.

you thank there will be anything going on out at Jenros tomorrow? We are suppose to have T-Storms. But if there is I mite meet you there cuz my buddy want to drive out there in has stang. But if not I dont mind meeting you at your house. Just let me know. I PM'ed you my number so text or call me and let me know. Im also free sunday if thats better for you.

Back