SC appraisal

spetz01

I had a guy appraise my car for insurance last weekend. He spent an hour and a half on each, we had three car done, and went over everything with a fine tooth comb. He gets in the back, gets underneath, goes through the trunk...everything. He ends up sending out a binder that reads like an essay on the car, he also gives you a dvd with all the pictures he took. The picture of the SC is even on the DVD label...very classy.

Since I don't drive the Coupe that often and because of her age it qualified as a "modified", which I guess it is. He appraised her at $15,500 CNDN.. I was happy with that. I basically covers all my restoration I guess. The good thing is that insurance is only $225.00 a year.

spetz I am going to be getting my car appraised shortly. Did you have to provide any documentation or did he just do his thing?

I gave him all my bills that I have collected during the build. The ones I didn't have like the FMIC (ordered online and never got anything) and the dyno/tune, he just took into consideration.

He looks at it as what's it worth to you. If its maintained and cared for, stored in a heated garage, things like that.

Back