Jegster Chassis kits

fastsc92

I've been deciding what to do with my 92. Basically, I'm not going to pursue it as my "nice" ride. I've been looking for a donar car, but I don't want to junk this shell if I don't have to. I've toyed around with the idea of making the entire car tube chassis as a long term project. I know I'm more than capable of designing and constructing it, it's just a matter of time and money. I would intend the powerplant to be some big block under there and make it strictly a drag car, maybe somewhere in the mid 9's eventually.

I see that Jeg's offers a chassis kit which they claim fits 83-92 t-birds. I know this has been discussed with the roll bars that they offer, and before anyone says anything, I know the early t-birds are different than the 83-88's. My question is regarding the fitment for such a chassis. Pretty much only the shell of the car would be used and all front end/rear end parts/floor pans would be new. IF the kit fits, it would make life much easier to construct.

I'd like to hear opinions about the idea and your thoughts about the fitment of it.

I toyed with the same idea about a year and a half ago and also had the same questions as you. Well the baby came and the spare car went. I had a 429 thunderjet to drop in to it. I thought something old into something new would be great keeping it a tbird motor that is.

Greg

Back