AR intsall issues and others..Not bad

XxSlowpokexX

SO what have you all done to prevent sawing through your lower rad hoses? I had a few issues last night that lead to that as it was very close upon install. I ws thinking of getting a lenght of copper pipe and splicing it in as I just cant get teh stock one to fit well no matter what.

Also I think I broke my tranny mount..I thouht it was my rear diff bushings but it apparently wasnt.

When I give it gas it sounds as though the driveshaft if hitting somewhere under the car. This only happens when I get on it. Not under normal driving.

I changed the diff bushings and it was good for awhile but it came back...And when it came back my rad hose kida ate through....An dit doesnt appear to be motor mount related at all from hat I can tell

I had this problem with my MP FMIC. Ended up splicing my lower rad hose in two and adding a length of pipe. Has not had a problem since.

I ended up going to home depot and getting a 45 degree elbo and straight peice of copper, sweating them together and splicing them into the lower hose. Nice and out of the way now.

Now the driveshaft hitting issue.....Its raining out..No can check..Think I need to make the driveshaft isue a separate post

No problems with mine rubbing the lower hose. The hose and driveshaft rubbing sounds like excessive engine movement to me. Easiest fix is to limit the travel on the driver's side mount, by reworking the tang or the part of the mount that captures the tang. Ive seen where some people have added a rubber block to the tang.

David

I hav echucks poly engine mount. By default they are limited to how much they can travel. I need to get it off the ground and see whats going on.

The 45 degree bend I made fits great for the hose issue.

Car gets up to illegal speeds pretty quick. The AR definitely pulls better top end.

Also the delrin bushings plant the tires much better..That I noticed immediately before my lil issue..I had put my good tires back on...

I hav echucks poly engine mount. By default they are limited to how much they can travel. I need to get it off the ground and see whats going on.

The 45 degree bend I made fits great for the hose issue.

Car gets up to illegal speeds pretty quick. The AR definitely pulls better top end.

Also the delrin bushings plant the tires much better..That I noticed immediately before my lil issue..I had put my good tires back on...

Damon,

If those motor mounts locate the motor a little lower, that would put the driveshaft higher in the tunnel. Like Dave already suggested, the easiest solution is probably going to be lowering the tail of the transmission a little by shimming the mount. We had to do the same thing on my turbo car to prevent the driveshaft from rubbing. I think mine was shimmed 1/4" using some washers.

David

Back