05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
So what happened at "The Clash?":D

Melon
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Not sure if anyone broke, but I heard a certain red SC won :D

-Melon

kenewagner
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
The pontiacs were out early making it a all T Bird thing for the last two rounds. And yes a red SC won:D

Ken

aplvlydrtybird
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
pics.... vids??? who all made it out???

Mike8675309
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
3rd place for me, loosing to Ken in the semi-finals. I took out two GTP's in the first two rounds.

Lots of wheel spin of the line had my times unpredictable which lead to Ken having room to chase me down and back out at the line. I was .40 off my dial. and reaction time was terrible.

I've gotta get some film developed for pictures.

aplvlydrtybird
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
nice what times did everyone run???

forcfed93
05-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I took a bunch of pix but only ONE came out ...

Here it is!

kenewagner
05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I ran 13 evens all day at 109 MPH with around 2.0 60 foot times. I was able to catch everyone with no problem except the master sandbagger. In the end he had to hit the brakes to keep from breaking out:D Best time was 13.009 at 109MPH and a 1.88 60 foot. Also only running 15 lbs of boost so I have more to wring out of the blower

Ken

90blkbrd
05-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Mr Albee,

You could at least spell my name right. :mad:

Technically I only "Sandbagged" in round 1. :rolleyes:

Round 4 was purely inexperience at trying to not break out. :(

round 1. 14.5 dial and I did a 14.533 at 96 mph
round 2. 14.5 dial and I did a 14.533 at 104 mph
round 3. bye
round 4. 14.5 dial and I did a 14.9xx at 77 mph

Round 1 and 2 ET's are not mistyped. I actually pulled identical times back to back.

XR7 Dave
05-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Mr Albee,

You could at least spell my name right. :mad:

Technically I only "Sandbagged" in round 1. :rolleyes:

Round 4 was purely inexperience at trying to not break out. :(

round 1. 14.5 dial and I did a 14.533 at 96 mph
round 2. 14.5 dial and I did a 14.533 at 104 mph
round 3. bye
round 4. 14.5 dial and I did a 14.9xx at 77 mph

Round 1 and 2 ET's are not mistyped. I actually pulled identical times back to back.

14.5?????? The car went a LOT quicker than that with the old school 1990 ported blower @ 10% OD. WTH did you do to that car if you weren't sandbagging in the EXTREME.

We won't tolerate that junk at the Shootout! :p Drive like you stole it or go home!!!! :D

90blkbrd
05-05-2009, 11:52 AM
14.5?????? The car went a LOT quicker than that with the old school 1990 ported blower @ 10% OD. WTH did you do to that car if you weren't sandbagging in the EXTREME.

We won't tolerate that junk at the Shootout! :p Drive like you stole it or go home!!!! :D

Somehow I knew you would post.

1. street tune not race tune
2. less than 500 miles since I put it together, so the clutch isn't broke in yet.
3. I recently got rid of the 17's and the Nitto's and I am running some 18's with some horribly weather cracked Michelin Pilot A/S tires. I ran them at 20-24 psi and I had to pooch it off the line and still got wheel hop and nothing better than a 2.3 60 foot. If I lightly warmed them up my 60 foots increased a little, but no wheel hop. I'm 2.5 hours from home and I decided to be much slower and put less stress on the car.
4. I'll be the first to admit I need more practice launching the car.
5. It's fun running down other cars. :)

I NEED to buy slicks and got to Newton's 1/8 mile track 30 minutes from home and get in some practice. And before Dave says it. LOTS and LOTS of practice. Or put an auto in it. :)

Mike8675309
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM

Sand bagging is how he manages such pitiful times. Ask him what he was running in time trials.

My best of the day was the first run after driving 4.5 hours to get there, spending an hour unloading and teching and then taking two quick laps down the track. a 14.667 or something like that around 93mph. (time slips to come). That was on my 90 SC with just over 157,000 miles and essentially everything else stock but a 5% jackshaft pulley and an intercooler fan. Otherwise the rest were around 14.7 to 14.8. That's until the 15.0xx in the semi-final round against Ken.

And yes, after running down the track 10 times, I loaded the car back up and drove it another 4.5 hours home. The A/C even worked, though I only used it a couple times when the sun came out from behind the clouds.

Most of the GTP's there were running in the low 13's. I didn't notice any really super fast GTP's there. The group figured they were missing about 5 cars that were faster, but just didn't show. Ken was the fastest of the T-bird guys. I hope to give him a run for the money come the fall clash. I should have my 93 well sorted out by then.

XR7 Dave
05-05-2009, 01:00 PM

2. less than 500 miles since I put it together, so the clutch isn't broke in yet.
3. I recently got rid of the 17's and the Nitto's and I am running some 18's with some horribly weather cracked Michelin Pilot A/S tires. I ran them at 20-24 psi and I had to pooch it off the line and still got wheel hop and nothing better than a 2.3 60 foot. If I lightly warmed them up my 60 foots increased a little, but no wheel hop. I'm 2.5 hours from home and I decided to be much slower and put less stress on the car.
4. I'll be the first to admit I need more practice launching the car.
5. It's fun running down other cars. :)

I NEED to buy slicks and got to Newton's 1/8 mile track 30 minutes from home and get in some practice. And before Dave says it. LOTS and LOTS of practice. Or put an auto in it. :)

Those are the kind of excuses I expected. :rolleyes:

90blkbrd
05-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Those are the kind of excuses I expected. :rolleyes:

They aren't excuses, they are facts.

XR7 Dave
05-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Sand bagging is how he manages such pitiful times. Ask him what he was running in time trials.

Michael, what did you run in time trials?

90blkbrd
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Michael, what did you run in time trials?

I make 2 passes before time trials and 2 in time trials.

1. bogged it on the launch and didn't finish the run
2. 2.5 60 foot and 14.6 at 101
3. bogged it on the launch and didn't finish the run
4. 2.4 60 foot and 14.5 at 102

bye pass 2.6 14.4 at 104

I was either spinning the tires to hard or bogging down from not enough rpms trying to avoid tire spin.

sinhumane
05-06-2009, 08:17 PM

set up for drift, not drag, amirite ;)

that car seems tons faster when i rode with marc in it... you had to have been holding out... i think you wanted to let a certain red car shine with all the new stuff... better kick his butt at the shootout.

Melon
05-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't blame him for being semi-nice to the car. Being away from home and having tires with poor traction, and no race gas in the car (is that was the race tune is setup for?) And you have to think about how much seat time he's had with the car and racing with it.

On the other hand - if your going to have a car with that much power, you gotta have fun with it :) and there was a trailer there to take you home... again (Sorry Mike.. I had to add it :D)

-Melon

90blkbrd
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
that car seems tons faster

It is faster than when Marc owned it. He just beat the car harder than I do.

there was a trailer there to take you home

I really should buy stock in that trailer. :)

no race gas in the car

I decided not to buy race gas and not run the race tune (more timing) since I was going to be running on worthless tires.

kenewagner
05-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't blame him for being semi-nice to the car. Being away from home and having tires with poor traction, and no race gas in the car (is that was the race tune is setup for?) And you have to think about how much seat time he's had with the car and racing with it.

On the other hand - if your going to have a car with that much power, you gotta have fun with it :) and there was a trailer there to take you home... again (Sorry Mike.. I had to add it :D)

-Melon

Your trailer performed well Andy. I was impressed with its 80 MPH times on the interstate:D Kind of disappointed with how long it takes to get to 80 though:rolleyes: I think you need to mod it for more performance

Ken

XR7 Dave
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey, Michael can do whatever he wants, but I'm going to ask anyway, why put your car at such an extreme risk then? Drag racing a 5 speed car without the right tires and spending $30-40 on some race gas for safety is just plain "not smart". Why would you do that? Using street tires at the track puts your entire driveline at severe risk, and running without a splash of race fuel (if you're worried about detonation) is just silly. It's like being too cheap to buy a condom. WTH were you thinking? A new pair of race tires are $350. Is your new transmission not worth a $350 insurance policy? Ira drove his car 12 hours each way, on a clutch that is just as new as Michael's, put his race tires on, put in some race fuel, flogged his car as hard as he could, and drove it home and it's not the first time he's done it.

There's being responsible and there's being ridiculous. Running a 5spd car at a race track without race tires is ridiculous. With some race tires on the car he could have launched consistently in the 1.8 range, shifted at 5200rpm for safety, run a full second faster, and risked nothing. That would have been responsible.

I suppose it seems like I'm giving Michael a hard time but I guess I just don't understand why people continue to do things like this. You are not recognizing true risk when you are faced with it and instead are exposing yourself to a needless risk in the name of "playing it safe". Makes no sense to me. :confused:

90blkbrd
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I chose to take advantage of an opportunity to buy some rims and tires so I could get of the awful rims that came on the car. It was my slick money.

You are not recognizing true risk when you are faced with it and instead are exposing yourself to a needless risk in the name of "playing it safe". Makes no sense to me. :confused:

Because no matter what I say or do, according to you I am ALWAYS wrong. :mad:

PackerCityDan
05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
As the victim of the first sand bag, it was 13.533 that the master sand bagger ran 1st and 2nd rounds.

I ran a 16.98 breaking out by a 1/4 second. My turkey never ran that fast "point and shoot".

90blkbrd
05-07-2009, 09:44 AM
As the victim of the first sand bag, it was 13.533 that the master sand bagger ran 1st and 2nd rounds.

I ran a 16.98 breaking out by a 1/4 second. My turkey never ran that fast "point and shoot".

The GTP in round 2 against me also broke out.

XR7 Dave
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Because no matter what I say or do, according to you I am ALWAYS wrong. :mad:

Sorry about that, I don't mean to sound negative. I told Marc in 2005 that he NEEDED to get ET Streets for that car. It still doesn't have the right tires 4 years later. I guess I get tired of all the bad mouthing that 5spd cars get and even more tired of hearing the same things over and over again about how stuff breaks etc, etc. when there is a proven easy way to prevent all that.

Story comes to mind when I drove my car to Milwaukee to race in the Midwest Bash a few years ago. I brought my slicks. I ran 12.0 at GLD on a pair of old slicks I got off a club member here for $125 wheels and all, granny shifting the car and not stressing it. Another individual (who shall remain nameless for the purpose of this discussion) thought he would not risk damage by running street tires instead of the slicks that he had in the trailer - and broke an axle on the 1st or 2nd pass.

I'd rather do 10 - 3500rpm launches on slicks than risk 1 wheel hopper on street tires. It seems to me people just don't realize how damaging wheel hop really is.

90blkbrd
05-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I really was going to buy slicks before this club clash. But these wheels and 2 new front tires killed that plan. I think it was worth it. :cool:

I had seriously considered not bringing the car, but Ken wouldn't allow it. :rolleyes:

kenewagner
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I really was going to buy slicks before this club clash. But these wheels and 2 new front tires killed that plan. I think it was worth it. :cool:

I had seriously considered not bringing the car, but Ken wouldn't allow it. :rolleyes:

What I want to know is when you plan to paint the car BLACK so it matches your signature:confused:

Ken

90blkbrd
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
What I want to know is when you plan to paint the car BLACK so it matches your signature:confused:

Ken

Probably never. I think I'm going to change my user id and license plate to:

divorSC

Because this car might be part of another one if I keep spending money on it. :)

gogo5.0
05-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I have been informed that the photos are almost ready for posting. There are quite a few good ones!

benny

kenewagner
05-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I have been informed that the photos are almost ready for posting. There are quite a few good ones!

benny

Cool beans

Melon
05-08-2009, 05:11 PM

benny

Awesome :D Can't wait to see what I missed.

-Melon

David Neibert
05-12-2009, 04:47 PM

Nice looking car...but I seem to recall it being a little quicker when Marc owned it. Raced against it several times back around 2002/2003 at MAR when it was running 14.2 with almost no mods.

I remember Marc rolling up to one of the KC meets, with a set new Nitto drag radials on all 4 wheels of that car :confused:

David

90blkbrd
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Nice looking car...but I seem to recall it being a little quicker when Marc owned it. Raced against it several times back around 2002/2003 at MAR when it was running 14.2 with almost no mods.

I remember Marc rolling up to one of the KC meets, with a set new Nitto drag radials on all 4 wheels of that car :confused:

David

:confused: Please see post 11 above.

When I purchased the car it came with 4 Nitto NT555 tires which are not drag radials. I sold the these 17" tires and rims.

Mikessupercoupe
05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Sorry about that, I don't mean to sound negative. I. Another individual (who shall remain nameless for the purpose of this discussion) thought he would not risk damage by running street tires instead of the slicks that he had in the trailer - and broke an axle on the 1st or 2nd pass.

I'd rather do 10 - 3500rpm launches on slicks than risk 1 wheel hopper on street tires. It seems to me people just don't realize how damaging wheel hop really is.

I resemble that! :D And that never happened again. Oh, it was on my first run with that car at New England Dragway. And yes you did tell me not to to that. 30 or so runs later still going strong.

Mike:cool:

MakoSC
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
It is faster than when Marc owned it. He just beat the car harder than I do.

I really should buy stock in that trailer. :)

I decided not to buy race gas and not run the race tune (more timing) since I was going to be running on worthless tires.

YO BRO-
U DON KNO HOW I TREATED THAT CAR......
U HAVE NO CLUE HOW I DRIVE
U DON EVEN KNO ME
WHY DON U STOP ALREADY
U WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE CAR?????? GO AHEAD
U WANNA TALK ABOUT ME?????------YO I HEARD ENOUGH
Marc

k_schutte
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
YO BRO-
U DON KNO HOW I TREATED THAT CAR......
U HAVE NO CLUE HOW I DRIVE
U DON EVEN KNO ME
WHY DON U STOP ALREADY
U WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE CAR?????? GO AHEAD
U WANNA TALK ABOUT ME?????------YO I HEARD ENOUGH
Marc

is this a serious post...? because it made me LOL, you sound that like the guy on "Unique Whips"

forcfed93
01-06-2010, 01:03 AM
HAy Marc ... Havent heard from you in a while ....

Give me a call sometime when you have a few minutes!!!

sinhumane
01-07-2010, 04:48 AM
is this a serious post...? because it made me LOL, you sound that like the guy on "Unique Whips"

if you were around in the times of lore, you would know that that is the way marc posts. ;)

good to see you're still kickin buddy, shoot me a pm sometime stranger! :D