Article for M5R2 rebuild

STLSC95

I remember reading a really good series of PDF's on this site showing how to remove and rebuild the manual transmission. Can anyone direct me to that article since I can't find it anymore? Thanks

Thank you very much...I remember finding it once, but could not find it, even if my life depended on it. Thank you very, very much. I plan on using this article this weekend.

m5r2

sir, If you need parts-try Macks standard trans in houston. Mackstrans.com. All parts are listed on this site with prices.My contact name is Scott

sir, If you need parts-try Macks standard trans in houston. Mackstrans.com. All parts are listed on this site with prices.My contact name is Scott

http://www.mackstrans.com/FordRKE1991Thunderbird.html

Synchros:
REF # Part # Description
M5R1-14 M5R1 Rev Sycnhro Ring, Non-updated, 36t
14b M5R1-14B M5R1 5th Synchro Ring, Updated, 30t
M5R1-14C M5R1 Rev Synchro Ring, updated, 30t
M5R2-14E M5R1 1-4 Synchro Ring
14b MAZ-14A M5R1 5th Synchro Ring, Non-updated

Can you tell me if these are brass, OEM fiber lined, or carbon fiber?

Can you PM me or post the cost (estimate) of the 6 blocker rings, main shaft and counter shaft nuts, front and rear seals.

Last time I called Mack Trans, early this year, they did not have any RKE fiber lined synchro rings. Only brass.

I can't help with brass to OEM or brass to carbon fiber, but I go from OEM to carbon fiber.

(I have about 500 miles on the rebuild if this matters on my opinion)

My 5-speed had OEM blockers in 1-5 and brass in reverse and I don't know what it had for fluid. It now has carbon fiber 1-4 and brass 5th and Reverse and GM syncromesh with friction modifier in it.

Besides the 2-3 shift, I don't think I can tell the difference. When I shift from 2-3 about 1 in 20 times it will grind. 1st and 2nd still need extra muscle to get into them before and after the rebuild.

I did speed shift it once racing on Sunday and 1-2 had just a little grind and 2-3 had some grind. I'm hoping the blockers are still breaking in and this will get better.

Back