HELP! need a little info. fellas

TinManSC92

doing a tear down to replace H.G.'s. got as far as the left side of eng. there's not enough info. available for me to cont.-yes, i paid my 15.00 dollars-i've taken out all the easy stuff like fan, radiator,I.C, power steering, I. C.tubes altinator,battery, overflow res.,accesory bracket, spark plug wires,coil pack, a/c,comp. and now i'm buried in the left side.....with problems like (1) do you just pull the rubber fuel lines off the steel rail connectors to disconnect lines. (2) is there details ANYWHERE on how to take appart the throttle body with pics. even. ...and (3) can i finally pull the intake. any help at this junction would be most helpful. thanks in advance.

.....remove the throttle cable bracket from the tbody [2 bolts]....remove the vacuum tubes from the s/c.....remove the four bolts securing the blower to the upper manifold,remove the three bolts from where rear air intake enters the lower manifold behind the blower and accompanying rubber "crosstalk" tube from the lower IC return and the entire blower,tbody assembly will lift out as one piece.Take out as many "assemblies" as possible...ie: brackerts that hold pulleys etc. to the front of the heads leaving the pullies attached...actually ther are many articles explaining all this.....hit search,r/r head gaskets..............not a hard job,just time consuming...........good luck.
z

actually i've done that more than once and come up with 4 posts. not detailed enough for me though. for the sections i mentioned. but, thanks for that info. i think i'm ready to go again.- all rainbows-

fuel lines

I usually leave the fuel lines connected to the fuel rail. I remove the four bolts that hold the fuel rail to the intake and the bolt on the back of the left head that holds the fuel pressure regulator to the head. Then i pull the fuel rail to the passengers side and zip tie it out of the way the best i can.

Doug

there are two different sized small plastic "C" shaped push pull tools that un clipp the fuel lines, dont try to pull them apart at any other junction. its about 12 bucks for a full set of all sizes at most autopart stores.

You need a spring-lock expansion tool for the fuel lines. They come in a range of sizes and are shaped like a "C" as stated in a prior message. You won't be able to pull the lines apart w/o them or somethiing like them... I suppoze someone could rig something from aluminum that would work, but they are cheap... go buy some and get the fuel rail off and out of the way.

Yes they are really cheap and fairly easy to use. Even with them, sometimes it takes a bit to be able to pull the lines. Might take an extra set of hands.

now that's good help. i was wondering how to get those off. thanks boys, i should be able to fly through this now. not much left to do

yea there is port heads new cam and roller rockers and valve springs
new pushrods. lol might as well while your in there. replace egr very easy then

do think new push rods and springs are necessary? if so i'll get em. i might ask the engine blders. what they suggest as well. they're the ones doing the heads.

Back