Car not shifting to 3rd!

SilverSC12

Hey guys my SC just recently completely stopped shifting to 3rd gear and i am not sure what is up! I can take it to red line and it never shifts. It feels like it is not even trying. It does shift fine from 1st to 2nd..... if you have any ideas plz help out this is my only car ATM.

Ty all

How long has been since it shifted into 3rd.....

Did the car sit for a long period of time before you drove it.....

You might want to try a bottle of Lucas and see if that helps.....

It has been a month now! i was on the freeway driving home and i passed a car and slowed to get on the off ramp but after that it wouldnt shift back and has been like that since. so no it wasnt sitting.

The kick down cable has most likely dislodged from it's grommet on the throttle body. If it has, and you have been driving it that way, the trans is most likely toasted.

well i checked all my connections from the tranny to the throttle body and they are all connect properly so i am guessing it is just internal? does anyone know if it could be a fuse or something else?

You might have snapped off the inner imput shaft. The shaft is a 2 piece shaft with the outer for 1-2 shifts and the inner for 2-3 shifts, I broke 2 of the inners before and you lose the 2-3 shift.

Attachments

• spline%20004.JPG
    spline%20004.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 46
depending on the year of your car would make the diagnosis different---if your car is a 94-95 you would have an AODE which is electronically controlled so yes it could be electrical---earlier models could be a sticky valve body , governor...etc..............Dan

Back