Motor Mounts for My SC

thumper

Alright guys, here's the problem: my motor mounts are shot... both of them. So I headed down to O'Reiley's and purchased two mounts. The guys down there said they are the same for both sides. Then I was talking to a friend of mine, who works at a Ford dealership. Well he looked up the mounts for the car on their computers and said that the mounts aren't the same on both sides!
So here I am with two identical mounts and I don't know whether to install them, or take them back. Hmmm.... anyone know whether they are both the same? ....or do I need to have two different mounts..... And I repeat: Hmmmm.....

Thanks

well the ones from ford come with the part of the mount as the other ones you have just reuse that part the ones you have now should just have a studs on both ends of them?
If your doing them you should go with the solid rubber ones last a lot longer and good if your doing more mods

I believe that the dirvers and passenger side mounts are different. I say that because they are two different part #'s from ford.

I just did mine two days ago. The rubber mounts are the same but the brackets are different. When you get the mounts from MN12 or any parts store....they just give you the rubber....not brackets...you have to reuse the stock ones...which is fine. I got the MN12 solid mounts and tranny mount. These things look tough and they wont break for a long long time. I ordered them on a tuesday and got them on a thursday. Thats fast service. Buy from them...they are good guys.

I used two mounts that were the same shape, size, and part number. I used the rubber ones, the liquid filled ones shred too easily. fastsc92 is correct in what he told you about the difference in the parts store # and the Ford #. The car uses the same rubber insert on both sides.

Biggin':D

thanks guys This will help me out. I bought the liquid filled ones. I believe I will try to exchange them for solid ones. Thanks again.

I sat in a 95 S/C on the weekend with solid mounts. It seemed to be very smooth in regards to engine vibration.
My pass side mount is gone, and there is more shake in my car. When the drivers side blew a few years ago, it was terrible. It stalled, ran rough, shook.
I will be throwing in solid mounts in mine ASAP, I do not feel there is a noticeable trade off in vibration.

Back