PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Fuse Panel Fuse

Wrangler97
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I noticed today that my power seats did not work. My cig. lighter outlet did not work, brake lights did not work either. My fuse panel fuse under the hood was blown. I replaced it and when i did, it was at night and the headlights were on, when i replaced it i heard a clicking noise coming from somewhere around the steering column. Everytime it clicked, everything in the car dimmed including the headlights, does this everytime it clicks, clicks maybe every 5-10 seconds. I shut the car off and it still clicked and dimmed everything like a relay was shorting out. I was wondering if you guys had any idea what this sounds like, maybe a bad relay? I smelt something also when after a few mins in the car, i jumped out and took the fuse out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

whiplash15
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Disconnect the underhood light.

Wrangler97
05-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Would that cause the the clicking and shorting out, it was dark out and i put the new fuse in and there was no light besides my flashlight under the hood. I don't know if that tells you anything or not. I have an 89. I will check out the light in the morning.

Wrangler97
05-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Finally found that when i sit in my drivers seat, i hear the clicking, when im not sitting in the seat i dont. Looked under the dash and the power seat fuse was really hot. Tried to move my driver seat and smoke started coming from under the seat. Took the fuse out and fixed that problem, but what should i do about the seat? I cant move it now.