Brake and Steering leak?

samishii

So... Here I am reading around the FAQ when I find the article about flushing the steering system, since I haven't had power steering in months (or brakes)...

I'm thinking, maybe I can do that instead of buying new Rack and Pinion and pump... Well, after I go buy the fluid and get some stands from my father. I think to myself... Why didn't I just check the fluid levels?! So I check, and sure enough dry... Or atleast dry enough to cut out the "Power" in Power Steering. So I put about 1/8 of a quart in to head home. Start the car, and yay, Steering again!!! Granted with much whining.

I get home and I check the level again, and its down again, so I go to put more in, (I have ADD... lol) when I think... ~~~~ maybe I should check out the damn brakes too... Non-existant... Lol I put about ½ a quart of brake fluid in, and it sucked it all down... Yay. Heh.

So I go inside for a bit. Come out later. Two fresh dribbles on the ground... I located the one leading to my Power Steering cooler (so tiny, lol). The other one under the brake fluid reservoir... I felt all around the thing and found some fresh fluid at the base "Stem" of the Reservoir (see pic). I felt like plastic molding lines, if you will, or a crack down there. No chance of seeing at the moment.

Should those lines on the PS cooler be back that far?
Is it common place for these fluid resevoirs to crack? (Car has over 200k miles on it, and its a 92)

Back