Might have disconnected a vacuum line today I need help

275hptbirdsc

So today I was "trying" to replace my wiper motor and I was trying to get the left cowl (?) piece off and I think I pulled a line in the process. My car runs terribly rough on idle and the rpm needle goes up and down while at a stop light and I am pulling about 12-10 hg in vacuum ( which I know means a leak) and I can barely pull 10 pounds at WOT when normally I can get 13-15 pounds. Heres a picture of the line I noticed when I got the piece off (funny thing was when I got the piece off I saw the line and said to myself " well I dont know what that is hopefully I didnt do anything wrong:rolleyes::D )
0512091723.jpg

The only other thing I took off was the top supercharged pipe cause I thought I would get a better angle at the motor and I thought maybe I didnt get it all the way on. I drove the car before I worked on it and it ran perfect so I know I did somthing while I was working on it today I just need some input. Thanks

That pic is way to blury to tell but it looks like it goes to you windshild washers. When you put the supercharger pipe back on did you torque the bolts down?

That pic is way to blury to tell but it looks like it goes to you windshild washers. When you put the supercharger pipe back on did you torque the bolts down?

Yea sorry for the blurry picture my camera is broke so I had to use my cell phone. If the line does go to the washers would that cause a leak? And as far as torqueing the bolts down I took them off with a wrench and put them back on with the wrench as hard as I could get them.

That appears to be part of the passenger side washer nozzle. It can easily be glued back on. Otherwise, it will leak when you use the washer, nothing will come out of the driver side since the path of least resistance will be through the broken nozzle hose connection [part shown in your photo]

The line you picture is for the windshield washers. It doesn't have any vacuum. I would reconnect it if you want your washers thought. I'm more concerned about the pipe you disconnected. Which pipe exactly did you disconnect and how did you reseal it?

The line you picture is for the windshield washers. It doesn't have any vacuum. I would reconnect it if you want your washers thought. I'm more concerned about the pipe you disconnected. Which pipe exactly did you disconnect and how did you reseal it?

It was the one that says supercharged on it. I made sure there wasnt a gasket or anything around it I just find it odd that I have a vacuum leak now because I took it off:confused:

So, take a can of starting fluid and when the engine is at idle, spray the fluid in the area where you think the leak might be.. If the engine revs, you've found the leak.

So, take a can of starting fluid and when the engine is at idle, spray the fluid in the area where you think the leak might be.. If the engine revs, you've found the leak.

Really? I might have to try that:cool: Does it work with really small leaks to? How high will it rev?

Back