twin turbo

ironworker

Well guyes getting ready to jump right in and do this thing...

I've got 56 mm. T 3 twin turbos and new front mount.. I'm running 2 1/2 tru duels exhaust.255 fuel pump and 60 pd injectors and new maf programed for the 60ds.
520 cam and 6.2 scat rods and wesoc pistions 94 sc crank and ported heads and new ported intake manifold. 75 mm tb and ac deletion and power streeing deletion

What kinda power to u think ill make. I hope to have everything togethere by july and running

At 2lbs of boost not much, at 20lbs WOW. How much boost? You might want a bigger TB but I would ask the experts.

Should make a lot, more than a supercharger if it is setup properly.

Stephen

There are V6 Mustang guys running similar setups. You can check with them to see what kind of power they are making.

It's really hard to predict. Twin 56mm turbos could put out 600 hp yet you could find that they give you 350. It really depends on how everything is working together with your setup and your tune.

I'm hopping for over 400.. if I get 500 or more like the mustang guys then cool. But 450 would be cool

What are you doing for an intake manifold ? Did you buy a blow through mass air meter ? Where do you plan to mount the turbos ? Gravity drain or scavange pump ?

David

There's a few people on here that have done it. It's not supposed to be too bad while moving...while not moving I think they said it was a turd though. :) Sure would be nice to have all that stuff out of the way.

I tried the power steering delete by using the power rack and modifying it to empty the fluid, loop the lines and grease the rack. It was fine while driving but a huge pain while manuvering in parking lots, etc. Also, with skinnys on the front, it was fine but with full size tires in front it was more difficult. Especially with the manual trans. When you have one hand on the shifter, the other hand needs to be able to turn the wheel freely.

I know other guys who did it right with a manual rack and they have no problems at all.

gimme a break Iam am old man and I drove my car with manual steering. I did drive it on the street before it went to a strictly race car. The secret is to keep the car moving. Once it has any motion at all its easy to turn. Please. Sly your a wimp!!:D

What are you doing for an intake manifold ? Did you buy a blow through mass air meter ? Where do you plan to mount the turbos ? Gravity drain or scavange pump ?

David

Going with a 82 high rise intake manifold.. tb will be going to the front of the motor.. yes I got a blow through maf.. getting the scavage pump

I was only kidding about the remark to Dan, If you grew up with manual steering lkie I did you learn not to turn the wheel when you are standing still. The manual rack is slower so it is not that bad. It sure give you a lot more room. So does getting rid of the air and goind to manual brakes. Tim

I all ready did the bake swap.. I need more room so the power steering has to go.I have had a lot of cars with manual steering. So it no big deal.. it will make tons of room for the down pipes and the car won't be for the street parking.. its my dimond in the ruff..

Here is how Roush did it (twin turbo 3.8L).

Attachments

• Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #1.jpg
    Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 431
  • Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #2.jpg
    Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 388
  • Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #3.jpg
    Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #3.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #4.jpg
    Roush Twin Turbo 3.8L #4.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 401
are you using a supercharged cam??

and what intake manifold are you running? an 82 high rise? whats that?

which maf did you go with?

gimme a break Iam am old man and I drove my car with manual steering. I did drive it on the street before it went to a strictly race car. The secret is to keep the car moving. Once it has any motion at all its easy to turn. Please. Sly your a wimp!!:D

The manual rack makes a difference. If you try to convert the power rack to manual the ratio is much quicker and it makes it harder.

I pulled the power steering off cause I thought I might lose weight, pick up power and ulimately go faster. I wasn't going any faster or picking up any more power so I put it back on.

If I were making a twin turbo setup, I would go back to manual steering just for more room for the turbo on the driver's side.

Call me a wimp again.... I'll tell the guy's in your church group that your a democrat.

Back