air flow diagrams ?

Ratman

I am trying to modify A thunder chicken m90 to fit a 4.0 liter ranger. and am unsure of the air flow when boost is aplied and when the sc is in bypass. if anyone has a diagram or can explain the airflow it would be greatly appreciated.

A t-bird M90 has an external bypass valve. It is mounted on the inlet plenum that bolts to the intake manifold and bypasses into the Inlet plenum bolted to the back of the blower.

Air flow comes through the throttle body into the back of the blower (blower shaft turns clockwise). The air then exits through the top of the blower and goes to an intercooler. It leaves the intercooler and flows into the inlet plenum that directs the air into the intake manifold.

When the engine is in vacuum the bypass valve is opened and takes air from the inlet plenum at the intake manifold and feeds it back into the intake plenum bolted to the bottom of the blower.

scassembly1.jpg

Pt. 1

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 117
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 118
  • engine3.jpg
    engine3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 113
  • engine4.jpg
    engine4.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 101
  • engine5.jpg
    engine5.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Follow the red line for air path with bypass valve closed. Starts at the throttle body and ends at the intake manifold. When bypass is open air going thru the intercooler tubes and intercooler are recirculated.

David

Attachments

• air flow.JPG
    air flow.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Thanks for the help, This is my brothers project for his Ranger
we had been arguing all day about the way the bypass works.
Yall probably stopped a fist fight. what can I say brotherly love

I buy a sc and now he has to figure out how to put it on his ranger.lol

Back