94 5 speed in TN, $2000 *SOLD*.

XR7Kurt

You know the deal, good car, would like to keep it but just too many projects.:rolleyes:
Daily driver with IC fan, header/exhaust, cross-drilled/slotted rotors, 3.27 gears.
Very solid southern car.
Runs and drives great but will need shocks, tires and trans rebuild. The tires aren't bald but the treads low for much wet driving in my opinion. The trans shifts a little hard and I can hear a noise when in nuetral and the clutch is engaged, when the clutch is disengaged it goes away.
Odometer quit at 140,000 miles, my high estimate of the miles would be 170,000.
There are many parts that have been replaced and some other things that need work, if you're seriously interested I'll be more than happy to give you all the details.

Attachments

• 94 SC overhead.jpg
    94 SC overhead.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 501
  • 94 SC engine.jpg
    94 SC engine.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 449
  • 94 SC interior.jpg
    94 SC interior.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 536
  • 94 SC front.jpg
    94 SC front.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
more info..... looking for another car right now. want a 2002 camaro but i just cant stop looking for a 94-95 5 speed daily driver so i can put time and money in my 95 5 speed. also black with gray interior

thanks
cody

95_XR7 your pm box is full.

I traded for it last March or April from someone on this site who had traded for it from another member, a few month's earlier, who had owned it for a few years and is the person I got most of the history that I know of from. The following are quotes from my correspondence, with the guy that owned it for a few years, shortly after I bought it.
Yea that was my old 94. I bought it in 2004 with 78,000 on the clock. I had the tranny rebuilt and a new cluch put in at that time. I had it repatainted at Macco their top of the line job in 2005. It didn't have any rust then and I don't think it has now. It was my daily driver for almost 4 yrs. It has headers and an early model blower pully of about 3% overdrive. I had to replace the balancer twice and the bolt a third time. If you send me an address I think I still have most of the recipets form the guy I bought it from that I can send you. It does have poly bushings.
The speedo stopped about 5k ago. Not sure exactly.
The check engine light is on for a bad EGR sensor. The battery light has been doing that since I bought the car in 2004 and it never has let the battery go down. I have put a load tester on it and it always showed good.
He was right about the battery light it's been on and off ever since I owned it. It made for a very stressful drive home when I bought it as the guy I got it from forgot to tell me about it!:eek:
I never looked into the check engine light since it ran fine. Also the air bag light has always blinked which is usually a relay or something minor according to what I found searching the forums.
Exhaust is shorty headers, aftermarket cats and resonator, and larger pipes throughout. I'm not sure what brands any of it is.
I think the only options it has are the moonroof, vmm, and the rear spoiler. I'm not sure if the spoiler was an option or an add on. The vmm does not work, not sure why. There are two switches mounted to it, one for the IC fan and the other is unkown. I looked up old posts from the previous owner and found out that the car had the radio stolen from it once and they busted that panel off. I figured that's why the clock is gone and the reason the VMM doesn't work. Also that bottom of that panel and the top of the console do not stay together, I'm not sure if it's because of the radio panel or the console top.
The looks pretty good but has couple of small areas that look like they missed spraying the clearcoat. It's not glossy under the passenger side mirror and on the driver's side c-pillar.
The air works great except on the hottest days on the highway. This is the first SC that I have owned that has had working AC so I don't know if this is common or not. It may just be from the black flap behind the nose is missing, I've read this can effect air flow.
I'll try to get more pictures tomorrow.

Kurt

95_XR7 your pm box is full.

I traded for it last March or April from someone on this site who had traded for it from another member, a few month's earlier, who had owned it for a few years and is the person I got most of the history that I know of from. The following are quotes from my correspondence, with the guy that owned it for a few years, shortly after I bought it.

He was right about the battery light it's been on and off ever since I owned it. It made for a very stressful drive home when I bought it as the guy I got it from forgot to tell me about it!:eek:
I never looked into the check engine light since it ran fine. Also the air bag light has always blinked which is usually a relay or something minor according to what I found searching the forums.
Exhaust is shorty headers, aftermarket cats and resonator, and larger pipes throughout. I'm not sure what brands any of it is.
I think the only options it has are the moonroof, vmm, and the rear spoiler. I'm not sure if the spoiler was an option or an add on. The vmm does not work, not sure why. There are two switches mounted to it, one for the IC fan and the other is unkown. I looked up old posts from the previous owner and found out that the car had the radio stolen from it once and they busted that panel off. I figured that's why the clock is gone and the reason the VMM doesn't work. Also that bottom of that panel and the top of the console do not stay together, I'm not sure if it's because of the radio panel or the console top.
The looks pretty good but has couple of small areas that look like they missed spraying the clearcoat. It's not glossy under the passenger side mirror and on the driver's side c-pillar.
The air works great except on the hottest days on the highway. This is the first SC that I have owned that has had working AC so I don't know if this is common or not. It may just be from the black flap behind the nose is missing, I've read this can effect air flow.
I'll try to get more pictures tomorrow.

Kurt

PM has been sent.

Sorry to those waiting for more pics, my Cougar blew a radiator hose on the way home today that looks like it may be a head gasket problem. I kids have a school event tomorrow night so it will be Wednesday at the earliest for pictures.

real nice

this car is really nice i havent seen any 94-95 here in quebec...maybe they didnt survived our winter

did someone get it or is it still for sale???????????
Still for sale, still driving it everyday and took a 1300 mile trip last week. It's been my only car driving so I haven't been in a big hurry to sell it, but it's still for sale.

What end of Tn. Do you live ?
Well, not quite at the end, but on the east side.:D Only about 20-25 minutes on a main road from I-40 or I-75. Zip code is 37830, just west of Knoxville.

Additional pictures.

Attachments

• DSC00117.jpg
    DSC00117.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00116.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00115.jpg
    DSC00115.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00114.jpg