Auto trans question

suprared89

Guys,
I have a 95 Sc automatic. The trans is starting to slip at times. I have acces to a good low mileage 98 mustang 3.8 transmission.(32,000 miles). Will that one be a direct bolt in or is there something else I should be looking for?
Additionally, If I choose to rebuild mine, What is the "J-mod"?

Personally, I would steer clear of any non-SC automatic transmissions....

I have been told (by people who know transmissions) that the non-SC transmissions will not hold up to the extra torque that our SC engines put out.....

Has anyone tried swapping the 'A' servo from an SC transmission into a stock AOD transmission......:confused:

The 98 Transmission would be a great base to start with - Just pull it apart and add another clutch disc / plate to the Direct clutch pack, set your clearance with the snap ring, and it will be up to par for the SC.
Then all you need to do is swap out the Shift lever, Speedo gear, and re-wire the transmission harness .. or re-use all of your electronics / wiring in the 98 .. either way you will need to make sure you use your original 94/95 TCC solenoid.

The J-mod is actually a Shift kit. You shouldnt need to do anything to the internals of the trans besides adding the extra plates to the direct clutch pack - unless youre planning on making some serious horsepower, the transmission will be great the way it is.

He has a 4r70w .. not quite the same as an AOD, why are we talking about A servo's ??

- Dan

Last edited:
I guess I didn't read the post right.....:rolleyes:

I hate old age.....:p

But my question still stands about the AOD....

Half of my collection are AODs....

Back