Whats with the car collecting with enthusiast...LOL

ricardoa1

It is just funny how members and visitors pick up car when their intital car is sometimes not even running or not even in great conditon. Dont get me wrong for the longest time I avoided that mistake and now look at my sig.

But its a weird Phenomenom. Its like save the whales or something. :confused:

I fall into this category badly. I guess my problem is I come acrossed what I consider a "deal" :D and can't turn away.

I've picked up 3 MN12s this year all under $800 each, and well my primary "project" 94 5spd has just sat... I guess it's hard for me to see a SC go to the crushed when it's something like a blown HG or a bad tranny. Guess I look at is as more of a hobby that I enjoy rather than time spent wrenching on what most consider junk.

Very true topic...sometimes it's just hard to walk away.

-Tim

That's how my collection came together.....

I now have a really nice 92 SC that we swapped a good engine into....:D

I even hate to see one of my parts cars go to the salvage yard, even though it looked like swiss cheese after I finished parting it out.....:p

Last edited:
That is why I stay out of the "Cars for Sale" section as much as I can.

I do feel like I "saved" my XR7. I guess that makes up for the 3 SC's that I have parted out over the years. :eek:

Thomas

Well I think some of you guys are crazy!...but in a good way:p The closes I got to a collection is two SC's 90 & a 91. I also ended up with a lil collection of 351W motors??? I acted like an addict when I would find one!LOL

I dont even want to get into it......I buy a car...I liek it..I thro wmoney into it..In the meantime I need another car to drive.....Then I like that one...Start working on that.....7 cars later and 3 ongoing projects ....

Good lord

I end up doing the same thing. Once I drive a car for a while, I sort of get attached to it and don't want to sell it. Plus, with the value of our cars being so low, good deals come along so you buy them, and then it isn't worth selling them because you won't get much money for them, so you might as well just hang onto them until you can eventually afford to bring them back to life. My 89XR7 has been sitting for 2 years, and I am just now getting around to it because I wanted to do it right, and couldn't afford to at the time.

Also, the way I see it, I still have less in all of my cars than it would cost to go out and buy one new car that I would enjoy driving at all. And with having multiple cars, if one breaks down I just drive a different one for a while, so why waste money on a car payment every month, instead I'll just slowly spend that money on various older cars and in the end I'll have 4 or 5 cars that I like more than the one car that I could have gone out and bought for the same money.

I'm the same way....with T-Bird parts (in general) too!

...now I know which thread to jump on when it's time to sell one. :D

with having multiple cars, if one breaks down I just drive a different one for a while

I'm doing that right now.....

One problem is that I am now driving my last road-worthy SC in my flock....:p

Another problem is that you end up with a fleet of SCs that need all kinds of repairs......:rolleyes:

I've even heard that a couple of fools(SC wise) were even considering traveling hundreds of miles to trade cars that weren't even running!:eek:

i've got the same sickness. i rescued a 94 auto last fall, owner thought it had blown headgaskets, and it was a temp sensor coupled with a coolant leak causing it. i paid 500 bucks for it. it was wrecked slightly, i did a 96 front end conversion, shaved mouldings, cleaned it up quite a bit and she looked gorgeous. couldnt afford to mod my 95 so i got rid of her.

just picked up a 95 5-speed parts car, someone chickened out in the middle of a hg job, lost the title, it got sold, sat and sold to me. car is in good shape, everything is there, needs some body work and some cleanup (dents, stains, scrapes, etc. paid 300 bucks. i want to fix it, but just dont really haev the time. i'll part it and let karma catch up with me later. :eek:

i've got the same sickness. i rescued a 94 auto last fall, owner thought it had blown headgaskets, and it was a temp sensor coupled with a coolant leak causing it. i paid 500 bucks for it. it was wrecked slightly, i did a 96 front end conversion, shaved mouldings, cleaned it up quite a bit and she looked gorgeous. couldnt afford to mod my 95 so i got rid of her.

just picked up a 95 5-speed parts car, someone chickened out in the middle of a hg job, lost the title, it got sold, sat and sold to me. car is in good shape, everything is there, needs some body work and some cleanup (dents, stains, scrapes, etc. paid 300 bucks. i want to fix it, but just dont really haev the time. i'll part it and let karma catch up with me later. :eek:

i am starting to feel the same on the Anniversary I picked up .

I dont even want to get into it......I buy a car...I liek it..I thro wmoney into it..In the meantime I need another car to drive.....Then I like that one...Start working on that.....7 cars later and 3 ongoing projects ....

Good lord

Amen!

Ur not alone bro. Went from 7 cars, im now down to 4, but should be back up to 7 by the end of the year if all goes as planned :p. That means my driveway and front of my house are packed, one car parked across the street and i still gotta figure out where to put that laast one :D.

i started off this way as well now im at 7 vehicles now

94 sc
95 lx bird
99 f250
94 sable
97 dakota
94 f250
84 corvette

i'm horribly attached to my sc now... i have one that goes and one for parts... but!... i'm spending money on NEW parts while i can't afford to feed my wife... ya... it's bad...

I can say that 3 out of my 4 are licensed and on the road. Ive only had the Beer promo car for a couple months and eventually it'll be on the road.
3 of my 3 are licensed and on the road.. I cringe each time I see my insurance bill, but then go ahead and pay it anyway.. :rolleyes:

Back