PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on finishing up modding the tbird

pbdevastator
05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I just recently got back into driving the sc again and want to finish it up. I know it will never be completely finished, but here is what i have in mind. Heads/cam, more overdrive on the supercharger, probably bigger injectors, a retune, 373 gears, and some wieght reduction. So my questions are: what is the best route now a days to go with upgrading heads/cam? was thinking of doing 10% crank pulley and 5% jackshaft, is 20% too much for a MPII all said and done? Probably need to do 60# injectors, and already know who to contact for the tuning. Any input on what i've mentioned or what I forgot about would be cool because I've been out of the game for awhile so dont know whats what anymore. member page is up to date with current mods, so please check there for that list.

Mercutio
05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
You mention weight reduction. I've done quite a bit of that and can tell you you'll have to decide how much you want to spend or what level of comfort/convenience you're willing to be without. My car is down to nearly 3500 pounds but I've deleted some stuff and spent a fair bit of money to take care of the rest.

As for the heads & cam, contact Dave D. You can't go wrong.

19TbirdSC91
05-14-2009, 10:55 PM
You mention weight reduction. I've done quite a bit of that and can tell you you'll have to decide how much you want to spend or what level of comfort/convenience you're willing to be without. My car is down to nearly 3500 pounds but I've deleted some stuff and spent a fair bit of money to take care of the rest.

As for the heads & cam, contact Dave D. You can't go wrong.

What all have you removed to get down to that weight? I wanna get an idea what mine weighs. Thanks.

pbdevastator
05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
yes im always interested in what everyone has done for weight reduction. Everything i've read about heads and cam seems to make that choice easy, which is contacting dave. That makes things easy since thats who i'd goto for a retune as well. Only thing im still uncertain about is how much OD should i go on the MPII blower or how much OD can i safely go when i get the heads/cam done with my current mods listed on member page?

Mercutio
05-16-2009, 01:36 PM
What all have you removed to get down to that weight? I wanna get an idea what mine weighs. Thanks.

Stereo delete, foglight delete, aluminum radiator, fiberglass hood, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum rearend, Recaro seats, front coilovers, Braille battery. Soon it will have aluminum rear LCAs and an aluminum flywheel. At that point, with my autocross wheels and tires installed the car should be in the high 3400s. It would be much lighter still without the Truetrac diff, double IC, Cobra R brakes, 17x9s and big sway bars but these items are worth the weight.

19TbirdSC91
05-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Stereo delete, foglight delete, aluminum radiator, fiberglass hood, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum rearend, Recaro seats, front coilovers, Braille battery. Soon it will have aluminum rear LCAs and an aluminum flywheel. At that point, with my autocross wheels and tires installed the car should be in the high 3400s. It would be much lighter still without the Truetrac diff, double IC, Cobra R brakes, 17x9s and big sway bars but these items are worth the weight.

Do you still have all the carpet and everything in it?

Mercutio
05-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes. It's a very streetable car built to comply with SCCA Street Modified rules. The stereo is the only part of the interior that's missing. It still has AC, sound deadener and a back seat.