16 Cylinders!!!

Bugatti is a child company of VW. Surprising yea. lol
The veyron is a 1.6m $ car. lol. For a fraction of that anyone of us could do wonders with our car(s). Lol. Which to me would be what I would prefer anyways. Although AWD is nice.

On a side note. V16 and 64 valves, and 4 turbos and only 1001 ponies... Each of those turbos is probally only making what... 7 psi? That engine would require a hell of a lot air though... lol I'd say personally that thing should make 2000... Oh well.

If you'd like to see a good video of the Veyron, go to the Top Gear website. One of the guys gets one up to 407kmh on the VW test track. At that speed the tires will only last 15 mins but that's Ok because it runs out of fuel in 12.

Bugatti is a child company of VW. Surprising yea. lol
On a side note. V16 and 64 valves, and 4 turbos and only 1001 ponies... Each of those turbos is probally only making what... 7 psi? That engine would require a hell of a lot air though...

15.8 psi of boost - (maximum 18 PSI) - 45,000 liters of air and 1.33 gallons of gasoline per minute.

Think of it as two Passat WR8 engines put together ...about as much engine output as two Corvette Z06 V-8s.

VW is #1 auto company worldwide now.

veyron06_cutaway1600_w800.jpg
veyron06_engine1600_w800.jpg

What if you spin a rod bearing.... :rolleyes: You'd have to take 16 pistons out (to do it right) for one bearing.... of course, when you spend millions on just a car who cares!

If you'd like to see a good video of the Veyron, go to the Top Gear website. One of the guys gets one up to 407kmh on the VW test track. At that speed the tires will only last 15 mins but that's Ok because it runs out of fuel in 12.

I've seen them. They are pretty cool.

What if you spin a rod bearing.... :rolleyes: You'd have to take 16 pistons out (to do it right) for one bearing.... of course, when you spend millions on just a car who cares!

'Building the W16 Engine of the Bugatti Veyron' (5:19 Video) - Not exactly something done on the kitchen table...

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q34xIzTj8fQ&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q34xIzTj8fQ&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back