Need a good shortblock ASAP!

Like the title says, we need a shortblock. My brother purchased a 1989 Supercoupe with blown headgaskets. We machined and installed the heads and assembled the rest of the engine. We turned the key and the engine was locked up. Why the heck we didn't check out the shortblock is a damn mystery.:mad:

Anyway, I need a good shortblock so give me a shipped price to 24210.
Frank
:(

I've got one you can have for free if you come pick it up. It needs cleaned up and honed (little bit of rust), but was a good running engine with about 120k miles on it. PM me if interested

I've got one you can have for free if you come pick it up. It needs cleaned up and honed (little bit of rust), but was a good running engine with about 120k miles on it. PM me if interested

Very interested, but there is no way I can make it to Indiana. Would you be interested in shipping it?
Frank

I have one for you...it will need to be Machined...sat in the elements for about 8 months...I only need the heads and the crank...besides that $20 and haul it away...it will have everything else still there to possible salvage.

I am in Roanoke VA.

-Tim

pour some seafoam in the cylinders let it sit overnight then use a breaker bar on the crank bolt an dgently work it free. I seen it work..True story

(Plus Im just curiosu to see what noises and or smoke might appear afterwards)

Seriously though..

You had the heads off..You had to see what the bores looked like..And Im sure if they looked that bad you wouldnt have just replced the gaskets.

See if engine turns with breaker bar....Could always be a starter issue you know

pour some seafoam in the cylinders let it sit overnight then use a breaker bar on the crank bolt an dgently work it free. I seen it work..True story

(Plus Im just curiosu to see what noises and or smoke might appear afterwards)

Seriously though..

You had the heads off..You had to see what the bores looked like..And Im sure if they looked that bad you wouldnt have just replced the gaskets.

See if engine turns with breaker bar....Could always be a starter issue you know

Thanks man!

I have one for you...it will need to be Machined...sat in the elements for about 8 months...I only need the heads and the crank...besides that $20 and haul it away...it will have everything else still there to possible salvage.

I am in Roanoke VA.

-Tim

Thanks Tim, but I need the complete shortblock.
Frank:cool:

That sucks Frank. Hope the seafoam trick Damon mentioned works. The last think you want to do is do again what you just did. BTW, how's the turbo stang running?

That sucks Frank. Hope the seafoam trick Damon mentioned works. The last think you want to do is do again what you just did. BTW, how's the turbo stang running?

The Turbo Stang just got a new shortblock. MMR's 950 and I ordered a set of trick flow's new heads. When this comes together I should be pretty happy.:)
Frank

Back