Best flowing 180 thermostat ?

EMP Stewart High Performance Thermostats
Thermostat, 180 Degree, High-Flow, Copper/ Brass, 3 Bypass Holes, Each

i would get that cuz its gonna help vent any gases which might get into the system and it also allows the small flow of coolant while t-stat is closed which ensures that the thermostat experiences the temperature change in the coolant as the engine heats up....

ok

i want a 170 Oc thermostat is it a wasted time of $$$ ? ill put lower OD and lower heat motorcraft plug...does it worth it?................what is the spark plug gap for A midly modified engine like mine...???

...(no tuning for thr sc..except someone bresk my heart

Last edited:
i want a 170 Oc thermostat is it a wasted time of $$$ ? ill put lower OD and lower heat motorcraft plug...does it worth it?................what is the spark plug gap for A midly modified engine like mine...???

...(no tuning for thr sc..except someone bresk my heart

If you have no chip, then stick with the stock 197 tstat. The computer has been calibrated for that and going to a lower tstat will cause the motor to run hotter. Also, the lowest you want to go is 180.

Fraser

i agree! i've never found a need to change the stock t-stat. even with running basic mods. the system should still work providing your cooling system doesn't have any leaks.( i.e. ) heater core, rad. etc.

EMP Stewart High Performance Thermostats
Thermostat, 180 Degree, High-Flow, Copper/ Brass, 3 Bypass Holes, Each

+1
The Stewart/Robert Shaw are the best flowing thermostats and well constructed. I have one in the 318 of my durango.

The bypass holes match up with the stock thermostat that has bypass holes. Having 3 of them might make it take longer for the engine to warm up, but no worries, I don't think you're driving your car when it's 20f outside.

Back