Adding a centrifugal to a turbo?

StarCityKid

I've got an 86 t-bird 2.3 turbo coupe. I have the oppurtunity to buy a vortech s-trim here local pretty cheap and was wondering if it would work for big power? I would fab up the mounting bracket to mount it to my motor and have it tuned. What are some thoughts on this to make this work? I know the logical thing to do would install an aftermarket turbo, go twin or spray it but I think this would be a cool project and make a unique power curve.

Check out the Hellion project on the net. Compound boost cobra w/ twin turbos 1400 rwhp or something like that w/ a stock block and SC

Stephen

I just finished reading the thread on this site with a turbo and roots. Found some real good stuff in there and one point I found of interest was that the sc may end up bleeding pressure through the turbo until it spools and matches flow. I was thinking along the lines of having a custom y pipe coming off of the tb one going to the blower and one going to the turbo and only cooling the turbo air. It would take alot of tweaking to get it right thats for sure.

Back