2 inch true duals

mineblown'sc

i got a 250 usd estimate for 2 inch true duals from the manifolds all the way back with turbo mufflers. two questions, 1 is the pipe big enough? i wanna raise the top and put on a 10% pully. and 2, what kind of exaust note am i gonna get with one pipe being so much longer than the other?

2 1/4" true duals would be ideal. 2 1/2" true duals would be way too big IMO and 2" true duals too small. Bigger is not always better.

well

IMO 2 inch is way too small...2 1/4 great mod for a stock car..And 2.5 good for a stock car that you plan on doing some future work too.

thanks ya'll

i ended up with 2 1/4. very pleased with the performance as well as the workmanship. they even welded the pipes to each other in the tunnel looks like art under there. made the car run better too even seems to idle smoother and added to my tire spin coming out or the hole. is a bit loud and kinda raspy but nothing i can't live with. next step 373 gears.

one thing to consider

Well I do beleave 2 1/4 is to big with stock manifolds. If they are ported then you would work better.

Why is the stock collector is 1 7/8 I think. So going bigger than 2 inch duals Gives the car that ricy sound. Just look at design of there muffelers. They start like 2 inch in and 4+ inch out giving them that ricey sound. I beleave that's why our cars want to sound the same way we are just over killing the exhaust when one part only flows so much ( inside the collector of the manifold exspecially that lip in there ).

Do something about the size of the inside of the collector and that will help with sound I do beleave in the research I have done.

just my thought but if you think about it. It does seem interesting.

Raymond

I would beg to differ...

Although opening up the collecter is obviously gonna be a plus, the sound that our cars make with stock manifolds or headers is pretty damn close to the same...My 95 & 90 sound totally differant both have hogged out manifolds, but never heard a differance in the EXH. notes that either of them made after the manifolds were Hogged out...Both of them run 2-1/2" downtubes, no cats into a 3" Magnaflow Resonator, then back to the dual 2-1/2's again...One sportin' 40Series Flowmasters and one with Stainless Magnaflows...They both sound great, but i prefer the Magnaflow sound over the Flowmaster..But then again nothing sounds like a Flowmaster...LOL...Both sound pretty mean...

Even with all that room in the EXH on my 95SC it hits 16psi with a 5% pulley...My 90 never ever hit those psi numbers...Could be stock gauge is off...Don;t know, but that is alot of PSI for an open EXH SC...

Cheers

psi

The 95 sc blower is is different than the 89-93. It is better in stock form. The reason for all you boost even after the exhuast could still be the collector. I took out the ridge smoothed it all out and it was a little more than 1 7/8. you have to do some good grinding all the way in about 3 to 4 inches to really see the improvement or to port to 2 inches. You also have to look at the intake side also. Why we have boost is because of restrictions. Boost can be good because it forces more air into the engine. To much boost and you are using more horse power to spin the blower so you are not getting much gain.

Raymond

Back