PDA

View Full Version : KYB GR-2's

Hock
05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Has anyone used these yet and if so what is your impression. I put a set on my wifes SHO and was very impressed now I'm looking at getting them for my SC ans would like to see what others think of them.

fastsc92
05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I have them in my car. I had them with ST springs and now with H&R springs. The ride quality is very rough. It doesn't handle small bumps well at all. I thought it was originally because I was running linear springs, so I switched to H&R springs and have the same result. Next time around I'll be switching to Koni's.

patragz22
05-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I had them on my SC for about two weeks and then went back to Tokico shocks. I also felt they did not handle the bumps and handling sucked. I also have H&R springs. I know alot of guys use them over at TCCOA and swear by them, I got my Tokicos from shoxwarehouse.com for less than $400 with free shipping, just say you are a member for discount.

1owner89
05-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I have them on my 89 with the stock springs and they ride about where I remember the firm ride used to ride back when the SC was new. The Konis do feel better and are adjustable but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on shocks. I don't race my SC, it is a daily driver that mostly only sees decent 2 lane hwy and fast interstate driving. I did all 4 shocks and all bushings/control arms/end links for less than what a set of Konis will run. I think they work very well with stock springs and I like them enough to be putting them on my 97 LX this fall.

Hock
05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
I have them in my car. I had them with ST springs and now with H&R springs. The ride quality is very rough. It doesn't handle small bumps well at all. I thought it was originally because I was running linear springs, so I switched to H&R springs and have the same result. Next time around I'll be switching to Koni's.

Besides the ride how does it handle?

Scott Long
05-18-2009, 12:59 AM
I have them on my lowered 90 SC. I put them on and maybe a week later left for bootcamp. Then my wife drove the car while I was gone. I got the car to Ohio and it died. I forget what the ride is like but I do know it is better than worn out stockers. I'd do it again if I had to.

XxSlowpokexX
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Ride quality is very subjective. In mhy opinion a stock SC rides like a boat. My buddies SC with the KYB's and stock springs I thought felt great. But I like a firm ride

Agentorange88
05-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I have them on my 91 with stock springs. I'm 50/50 on them, on small bumps they feel like a tank but they handle corners nicely. Railroad tracks suck with them. Overall I would take them over stock shocks but there are definitely better shocks out there.

mikeceli
05-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I had GR2's on my Mark VII LSC. WAY too firm. Took them off in a week, or so.

Agentorange88
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I agree they are firm. One should note that kYB says they are designed to compensate for worn suspension components.

Hock
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Like I said, ride really isn't to big of a concern, just want better handling and it sounds like these will do it.

Thanks everyone!:D