jbl amp delete

starmantv

I have a pioneer head unit and the adapter for the jbl wires . I put the head unit in and the rear speakers barely have sound. I also have 2 kenwood amps, I think 150w with 2 12"s. I was going to run separate wires to the speakers to bypass the amp. Can I use the kenwood amps to power the speakers with full sound .I tried them on one speaker and it was just low sounds, but the amps are bridged. Could this be the problem, I havent used this system in 5 years. If someone could give me a little radio 101.:confused:

There is info out there on how to eliminate the factory amp, I think you need a jumper. Search search search, I can't remember where those posts were, it has been a couple years. Try TCCOA also.

I also have a pioneer deck with the factory jbl amp,it sounds mint.
Either your amp is messed up or you wiring is incorrect.

Often times the JBL amp converters will make poor contact in the connector behind the radio. That could be an issue.

However, if you connected the aftermarket amp directly to the speaker and volume is still low then perhaps there is a problem in the speaker.

Still another option is that your radio is configured incorrectly and is not putting full range audio to the rear speakers. Make sure your radio is set correctly.

Never bridge an amp to a full range speaker. That's a good way to blow stuff up. :)

bypass

Just within the last 3 weeks, I had a similar problem. I changed the speakers in my 94 SC and somehow shorted a wire somewhere in the Lt door. The stereo shop told me it caused the stereo to go into "protect mode" and I got no output. While he was repairing the antenna plug in, he cut the wires to the L F speakers and the other 3 were working when I got the car back. He even sent but connectors back with it so I could find the short and fix it.

So back to the original problem. Any good audio tech will tell you that power into power is at best a "crap shoot". I dont remember the mfgr but I got it at "Best Buy". A complete jumper loom to connect around the factory amp. A 10 min instalation, and it cleans up the head unit output amazingly.

Back