Rear Suspension Cam Bolt

Hock

Where can I get these?

I had it in for an alignment and couldn't get it done because my bolts were froze up. Haven't found anything at Rock Auto, Summit, Advance, or Autozone. Did I over look these or are that impossible to find now?

From someone parting a car. They are Ford obsolete though you may find some through a dealer (Dealer Locator) BUT new VERY expensive. I have a set and the CAM plus the bolt and cam and nut cost me like $40.00 a side.

I don't know if those are the exact same size as the front inner LCA cam and bolts, but the fronts are available from Moog. You might try getting a set and seeing if they match.

No...they are not the same bolts. The rear bolt's shanks are shaped oblong to interface with the eccentric cam bushing that adjusts rear camber. The fronts have no such function nor are the shaped differently that a standard bolt on the shank. The only difference is they have a cam welded to the bolt head and the threaded section is sectioned to allow the rear cam to interface with the bolt. I have a set of those as well. Moog PN K8521 for future reference and called a "Camber Kit".

I have a set from one of my parts cars, if you need it.....

Give me a zip code and I'll get you a price....

No...they are not the same bolts. The rear bolt's shanks are shaped oblong to interface with the eccentric cam bushing that adjusts rear camber. The fronts have no such function nor are the shaped differently that a standard bolt on the shank. The only difference is they have a cam welded to the bolt head and the threaded section is sectioned to allow the rear cam to interface with the bolt. I have a set of those as well. Moog PN K8521 for future reference and called a "Camber Kit".

Aren't there 2 sets of camber adjusting bolts on the rear? I know that the upper UCA-to-frame bolts are as you describe - they have an odd flattened section that engages the aluminum eccentric bushing. However, I thought we were talking about the rear LCA-to-frame bolts (rear of the control arm), which use the same style adjuster as the front LCAs.

So that's what I was asking - are the rear LCA adjusters the same as the front LCA adjusters?

There are two adjusters on each side of the rear suspension. The Upper Control Arm inner pivot bushing is the Camber adjustment. The one on the LCA is for toe adjustment.

It was not clear which the original poster was asking about but I "ASSUMED" (and you know what that means) that he was referring to the Upper Control Arm Camber adjustment.

I don't know if the dimensions of the bolts and cams for the rear LCA Toe Adjuster is the same as the one for the front LCA camber adjustment. I don't think they are but I don't KNOW for sure so you very well could be correct.

Oh, okay. I thought the LCA adjuster had camber control as well. My mistake. It might still be worth checking if the front LCA adjusters would work there. I will probably tear into the rear suspension later this summer, so I will try to check on that then.

The rear LCA cam adjusting bolts are 16mm x ~130, the front LCA cam bolts are 14mm x ~105mm, so no, they won't exchange.

Back