PDA

View Full Version : in need of radiator

dabs
05-20-2009, 09:41 PM
hey guys,
so after every thing u sugested i was still overheating so i pulled the radiator out and the whole bottom is green and peeking inside it looks like the whole bottom is just white build up in the flutes so i think its the radiator,

now my question is what other cars have that radiator it in they didnt have any sc's at the junk yard and i need this car running im stuck on unemployement with a few job interviews coming up on monday and a job interview for a machinist is rare!

90MN12
05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
maybe u should also post where ur from. maybe someone local has when. good luck in ur search finding one and good luck with ur interviews.

dabs
05-21-2009, 12:51 AM
im in eastpointe michigan east side of detroit and just north of it we use to be called east detroit actualy.

any way does that hot dipping work? this is a good radiator no plastic any way. it looks good just all white build up inside and only one small leak i can actualy fix with a tig welder if they dont. do they re core any more?

it may be just easier to buy one i found one on the good ole ebay for 75+ shipping with 3 days to go i just dont have the time to wait and the extra $$ if some one out bids me.

backtobirds
05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
The radiator I got from Supercoupe Performance worked great for me. and stay away from plastic tanks, you want all metal and aluminum if you can afford it. Definitely fix any leaks and/or blockage. If that still doesn't do it and the engine is modified try the Redline water wetter additive, or the Royal Purple product. I was doubtful but tried it and it took 20 degrees off my coolant temps.

texashurst
05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
good news bad news game
The good news I've got one
The bad news is I'm stuck at work for two more weeks
The good news you can have it just pay shipping
I'll get home late on 6-4 and my zip is 77651 so you can figure out shipping
otherwise good luck on your search

TbirdSCFan
05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
it looks good just all white build up inside and only one small leak i can actualy fix with a tig welder if they dont. do they re core any more? :eek:.. the core walls are a thin aluminum... and nearly impossible to patch.. any serious heat will only melt the core making the hole bigger. (Ask me how I know that :D). But if you can live with a poor temporary fix, you might just clean up around the hole with acetone and dab a nice big glob of RTV on it. It may hold up for a week or 2.

BlackbirdSc94
05-21-2009, 09:15 AM
im in eastpointe michigan east side of detroit and just north of it we use to be called east detroit actualy.

any way does that hot dipping work? this is a good radiator no plastic any way. it looks good just all white build up inside and only one small leak i can actualy fix with a tig welder if they dont. do they re core any more?

it may be just easier to buy one i found one on the good ole ebay for 75+ shipping with 3 days to go i just dont have the time to wait and the extra $$ if some one out bids me.

lol Im down in Ypsilanti and Im having a hard time finding one too, I wasl also thinking about ordering from supercoupe preformance but I had one question, Is that hole in the radiator for the intercooler on the stock radiator too cause it didnt look like it to me, and if not does it have any negative affect on the coolant cooling???

SCarSC
05-21-2009, 09:22 AM
got the one from radiator express, really nice, only 150 i think and you get a discount through the club. metal top and you can get it with or without the ic bracket....i would recommend it if you are going for a good cheap stock replacement

91supacoop
05-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I've got a used one you can have for free, just come pick it up. I'm in Howell MI....

I just pulled it out of my car, and it was working fine in mine. A word of caution though, you need to be careful when using used radiators, where the core meets the tanks is all filled in with some kind of epoxy, or polymer and over time, those junctions can start to leak. This one didn't when I pulled it out of the vehicle, but no promises that it wasn't tweaked during removal.

The price is right anyway!

dabs
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
thanks the price is definatly right!

my email is dylanbare@gmail.com if you can email me ur phone or addy i can probably get a ride out there your only aobut a hour away. also how does it look inside? not to look i a gift horse in the mouth i just dont want to go throu all this for the same results.

also i do vinyl graphics on the side for giving me this is there any gaphic you been wanting? i can cut just about anything u can imagine