Dying in reverse, loss of power, timming?

89tird

Today my 95sc died twice on me while going reverse.. also my friends asked me to punch it and the car felt really slow the rpms even went to 5500 rpm.. when I got home the only codes I had was 335 (DPFE) and 133?? So I went ahead and replaced the DPFE.

When I was removing the DPFE I found two hoses that are connected to it on the bottom, the bigger diameter hose was disconnected.. could this be cause of my problem ??, I reconnected it but havent gotten a change to drive the car again.

DPFE is EGR, and the disconnected lines are vacuum lines. You my friend had a big vacuum leak. It should run better with them reconnected, but still shouldn't have stalled before. May be more vacuum leaks. Or may need some Seafoam (but I prefer the 3M injection cleaning products) run through it.

DPFE is for the EGR, but the lines are not vacuum lines. They are EGR pressure feed back from the exhaust. I seriously doubt it is or was your problem. May be the MAF, but that is just a guess from the info you posted.

Egr will definetley cause stalling and most of the time it will be going into reverse.
Happened too me a few years back exactly as you described,it was a bad egr.
Having the hose disconnected will definetley cause what you describe.
I'm sure you've fixed it.

I didnt have any vacuum leaks, 20 at idle, today the car drove nicely and didnt die in reverse.. but I didnt floor it I guess the car was heatsoaked too because I have a 8% on the blower and havent installed my double IC.

floored it today again coming home and the same thing happened.

The car took off good the engine and supercharger sounded good but when like around 40-45 mph the rpms where like at 5000, and it felt like the car just died , the nose of the car dropped and the rpms went down..

how does it feel when the engine pulls timming ?? I think it might be that because the car was hot, the only thing is that yesterday when I floored it the car was cold.

oh btw, it hasnt died on me on reverse so I think the egr sensor fixed that problem

Last edited:
Back