Curious

nickleman60

About how much power the '89 puts to the wheels. I was thinking about taking it to Va Speed for a couple of dyno pulls just to see. They have a dyno jet so it's the same as all aspects dyno that Ed got 320 rwhp out of the black car. The way that it runs I'd say it has at least 260 rwhp, what do you think?

Thats just going to make you that much more frustrated with the Black car isnt it? That was my guess 260rwhp or 310 at the flywheel....At anyrate it runs pretty good for no tune. Could always build a turbo kit for the Black car if it comes up short on your expectations. You have plenty of engine for it....And the brightside is that it will last longer than you will at this rate of use.

Last edited:
Thats just going to make you that much more frustrated with the Black car isnt it? That was my guess 260rwhp or 310 at the flywheel....At anyrate it runs pretty good for no tune. Could always build a turbo kit for the Black car if it comes up short on your expectations. You have plenty of engine for it....And the brightside is that it will last longer than you will at this rate of use.

Well a couple of dyno pulls can't be but so much and we'll see. At this point the ONLY other money that will go in the black car will be for a proper tune. If I can get 360 rwhp out of it I be satisfied, along with a 75 shot of go juice should net me around 435 rwhp, that should be plenty.

If you deside to go turbo, My buddy with the Mustang has a nice turbo for sale. He said he wants to use it to Boost a stang. But he never will, so he will sell it before that happens. LOL Plus I would be the one having to fabbing everything.

If you deside to go turbo, My buddy with the Mustang has a nice turbo for sale.

I have no desire to go turbo. Once I get it properly tuned that's the way it will stay.

Unless I can find a deal on a Whipple or AR kit........................:rolleyes:

Todd has been real quiet lately..................he probably been working on some kind of power adder to his Superstang.

Last edited:
Back