What's average going price for Chrome Cobra R's - USED

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Found a local SC that is for sale...has 17x9 Chrome Cobra R's on it...guys asking 1200 for the entire ride w/ them however the car isn't worth $250 honestly. Got in the hands of a kid wanting to get fast and furious with it and instead pretty much made it a car with 1000 projects.

I have a set of polished American Racing Snipers that I just don't like the stance on the car at all with them...guess I am considering offering him a deal on a trade.

If he isn't up for a trade what would be considered average price? $700-$800 is what I have in mind but again think he is in a pinch for money and a trade with a some cash might work best.

Thanks for the input.

-Tim

T-Bird pattern wheels would be worth more than Mustang pattern wheels. I'd say 300-400 for T-Bird and 250-300 for Mustang, throw in anther 100-150 with good tires.

Well I did myself 1 better...get this one.

Going to trade my Polished Aluminum AR Snipers 17x8 w/ Mich Pilots for his Chrome Cobra R's 17x9 w/ Nittos.

As mentioned the car has a list of issues...to make it legit, I am going to install a new hub so his car will have 4 wheels rather than 3 and a cinderblock...and finish up his attempt at changing plugs, wires and sealing IC tubes.

I think I did alright.

-Tim

What do the Snipers look like?

Here's a stock photo from a website that sells em...I have the biggest they come which is shown as 17x7.5. Polished...one wheel has dents in it from a hammer (like that when I got them w/ the car)

127B.jpg

Here's a picture on the car from the Blackberry.

IMG00427.jpg

-Tim

Guess you don't car for the OZ Wheels on my 92 then Huh Tim?

I don't know...taking it they're 7.5? :cool:

My biggest beef with the Snipers is they're polished aluminum and I am more of a chrome guy when it comes to the wheels. 2 hours a rim to get the shine back for the prior owned didn't do so made me not real fond of them.

Overall a wider rim gives the car a way better stance without a doubt IMHO.

-Tim

Beautiful shot. I'd crop that pic about an inch off the top and 3" off the bottom, the shadoy figure at the bottom taking the pic really takes away from the cobra r's :D:)

ive been reading old post on wheels for sc's i realy want to put the kr 500 rims in black on mine i found a company that makes replicas for older mustang do you think i can follow through? what mustang wheels will fit year and size if you know

ive been reading old post on wheels for sc's i realy want to put the kr 500 rims in black on mine i found a company that makes replicas for older mustang do you think i can follow through? what mustang wheels will fit year and size if you know

They won't unless you do a mustang hub swap.

mustang bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5 ours is 5 x 4.25. So the anwser is none anless you do the hub swap.

Travis

Well swapped wheel this weekend and helped the guy out on getting his car going...seems as tho a combination of bad plugs,wires and a weak DIS. He is now running better than ever he said, so thats good.

In addition to swapping wheels I traded him straight up for my Grey LX seats for his Grey SC Seats :D. He's a big boy and had a hard time getting in and out with the bolsters so said the flat back seats where more his style.

Overall I think I made out very well.

-Tim

Last edited:
>BigBoySC: Swapped wheels this weekend and the guy helped me out on getting my car going. I'm now running better than ever, so that's cool. In addition to swapping wheels, he traded me straight up for his Grey LX seats for my Grey SC Seats :cool:. I'm a big boy and had a hard time getting in and out with the bolsters so the flat back seats are more my style.

Overall I think I made out very well.

Back