Got my SC back tonight..

94scnflt

Back in Feb. I finally got the SC back up and running. I had to put a new radiator in and she had been down for 8 months. Anyway, second test drive and the hood came unlatched at 50mph and flew back into the windshield. Well, USAA didn't total the car out and paid for all the repairs, plus they allowed me to get another cowl hood (which turned out to be a whole different story). Anway, Murrieta auto body did an outstanding job and went above and beyond what was needed to get the car perfect. She needs a tune, I'll be calling Dave soon, but I sure missed driving her. I was actually thinking about selling her but once I got behind the wheel again those thoughts were long gone. As much as a PITA this car has and will be, I still love her. Here are some before and after pics, let me know what you think. I didn't want hood pins, but I love them and I don't have to worry about the hood coming up again.

Before:
IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

after:
538.jpg

539.jpg

540.jpg

541.jpg

542.jpg

543.jpg

544.jpg

i bet you got the crap scared out of you when that hood went flying:eek::D:eek:

car looks good did they just repair your hood or get you a whole other hood?

Pleased to see that you got it fixed. Even more pleased to know that your insurance paid for it. Buy the guys in that body shop lunch or something, they sure did a good job on it. The pics of yours give me a lot of incentive to keep going on mine. I now have most of the mechanical issues cleaned up, the electrical issues all done, and am now working on the exterior items. Hopeing to have it in the paint shop late this fall. My schedule thru this summer include a new water pump, minor parts and pieces of the dash, odometer repair, and reinserting of the drivers seat, and complete detail.

how much $ was it in total damage ?

that has happened twice to me (hood flying up) but both times i just forgot to latch it. so it was my fault. once on my 91 ford probe and once on my 90 SC.

and yes, it scared the XXXX out of me !

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up the same hood for my 94 that's also in Royal Blue. Thanks for posting the pictures, thats just the look I was wanting!

Glad you got it fixed back up.

-Tim

Thanks everyone..

1-Yes, it scared the crap out of me. I was lucky to be on a back road with no other cars because the hood came up and stayed up.
2-Paint code is KM. Depending on how you look it up it has different names. According to the '94 sales broucher it's listed as moonlight blue clearcoat metalic.
3-Wife and I are going to buy the whole shop lunch as suggested.
4-Total damage was $3300, the hood after shipping was $800.
5-When the shop ordered the hood from SCP they were told that the molds for the hood were old and SCP didn't know how it would turn out. I don't understand why they would still charge $500 for a hood and $300 for shipping for a hood that could turn out like crap. Well, it turned out good, had some areas that had to be fixed but it was a nice looking hood. Actually, it was a lot better then the hood that was on the car so it worked out great.

I drove it yesterday and today. It's detonating again so I need to pull the plugs, re-gap them and order a new chip. It has 42lb injectors, 255 pump, 75mm MAF and when I put all that in it ran like a raped ape. Now, then pinging is back which leads me to belive the chip isn't pulling timing like it should. Just another project. Thank again

Is that just glare on the hood?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked again and answered my own question, I LOVE that color btw, good lookin SC

where did you got your white gauges?

I will have to search around for that. Funny you should ask though. The stupid spedometer needle won't stop sticking. I've pulled everything apart, put it back together and still sticks. Honestly, if I had to do it again I would go with another set from NR auto. I have them in my 94 LX and they look way better. I'll get back to you.

Back