hot transmission?

89tird

Hey guys on my 95 after like 20 mins of driving the carpet under the center console starts getting hot,after a while I can't even touch the metal screws that hold the carpet because they are so hot.. the funny thing is that its only hot at a section next to the seat belt, everything else is normal.

Transmission shifts normal but sometimes it jerks the car really bad at 45 or 50 mph. It has fresh mercon v.

Any ideas ??

My 1990 NA Tbird would get really warm, never actually hot, and it was kinda rough around when the O.D. kicked in. I got my transmission filter replaced and also added some ProLong Tranny Additive, and it really smoothed out the shifting. Never bothered to check if it was still warm though... I never thought additives did much, but my hang gliding instructor (who was a crew chief for several formula cars, and was even mechanic of the year for the international formula racing association) told me to use it, and it really seems to have helped.

its not the transmission !!

got under the car and the big flowmaster resonator is right under that area, I guess since the car has new carpet that they removed the insulation or something ? :confused:

Back