Inlet Plenum - EGR

SilverCasket

I have ordered an MP setup, but I forgot to mention if I needed an EGR on my car or not.... Does anyone know if a stock 92 Supercoupe with AOD had an EGR on the plenum?

Thanks

I do not know for sure on your car, but in 1989 to 1990, there were 8 vacuum diagrams.

Without looking behind the intake plenum to see the egr valve, you may want to check the vacuum diagram adhered to the front of your car, under the hood, to the left of your rad. If you car was repainted, you may not have the sticker. Otherwise, reach around the intake plenum and see if there is a mushroom shaped housing with a 2.5" diameter back there.

The plenums are exactly the same for both non-EGR and EGR setups. The non-EGR cars have a plate to block the opening. Look on the back of the inlet behind the throttle body before it mounts to the SC. You'll either see two bolts sticking out and a plate or a round EGR valve attached. I know for sure that all 92's were non-EGR.

egr hole

Have you guys looked in to the intake and seen that enormious hole for the erg. I am going to fill it will jb weld because that is a terrible airflow resstriction.

Back