LMAO at sc craigs list add

pretty much a stock car except hood and a spoiler.... $14500 for it?????????

thought it may have been a typo..but i have seen this add a few times now..

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/1179535541.html

Think of it this way, while you and alot of others think the SC is not worth more than dirt, which is obvious by your post, the worth of the car will stay down in the dirt.

Personally, if I found an SC in prestine condition, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $15000 for it becaue I know how rare they are.

Its guys like you that keeps the car's value worth nothing more than a spec of dust.

Fraser

Think of it this way, while you and alot of others think the SC is not worth more than dirt, which is obvious by your post, the worth of the car will stay down in the dirt.
Thats why most of the time, you're better off selling your SC outright to a local buyer. If the car's in very good shape, no reason why it shouldn't sell for $10000.

There are a lot of bargain basement deals here because most people are looking for project cars to build, and frankly, many don't have the cash. There are a lot of enthusiasts, but few collectors. That's OK; the collectors know what they want and why, and in a twist of irony, the more SCs that pass onto the crushers, the more a collectible car increases in value. Jerry's car... in another 10 years or so will probably sell for far more than it did when new. But its in that elite class of perfection that gives it supreme value.. not a DD or a beater that nobody wants. :cool:

I'd say to him it is worth 14,5 most likely he will be keeping it. Regardless anythign is worth what you can get someone to give you for it. I have a ragged 92 in my yard that needs a transmission, interior brakes and suspension the first person to bring me $700 for it can have it. Does that mean the car is worthless. no I just don' want it. The guy likely isn't making a profit even if he sells it for 14,5 especially if he bought it new.
Alan

Personally, if I found an SC in prestine condition, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $15000 for it becaue I know how rare they are.

Its guys like you that keeps the car's value worth nothing more than a spec of dust.

Fraser

You can buy mine for 15,000 lmao

Back