questions for a friend.

SSSTANG

So from what I've gathered here.

The only available upgrades for the m90 are porting -> mp -> 1.7L a/r but that is almost impossible to find.

Am I correct?

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67136&highlight=autorotor+price

you can add the MPX between MP3 and autorotor on that list. it has even more potential than the MP3.

couple people have also custom installed a M112 from a Jag into their sc's. i think it is better than any M90 blower.

most people are happy with a 94/95 ported blower

Well I guess if we wanted to do m112, we could just do split port mustang heads and the m112 adapter.

Is it possible to get a 1.7L a/r anymore?

This thread hurts my head.

The only new, still in production "Bolt on" supercharger upgrades available for these engines are ported M90's and the options have been shown to make as much power as most people could possibly want. In fact, the MPX arguably can make as much power or more than a 1.7L AR when overdriven like crazy with the right combination of parts.

The M112 was thought to be the next best thing for our vehicles, however they did not make as much power as expected. One theory is that because it has longer rotors, and it needs to be overdriven to move enough air, the rotors do not have time to fill, limiting its effectivness. see here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=815536&postcount=9

Unless something has changed, Dave does no longer makes the AR kits. If you want a twin screw you need to keep your eye out on the for sale forums/e-bay, or have one built/build one yourself.

I think Ken had the best example of an m112 that posts here regularly however he never had the ideal setup and few mechanical issues. So I think his example isnt ideal.

Rico had the mpx/m112 hybrid which made decent numbers as well just not what he was expecting.

Neither RIco nor Ken took off the m112 and bolted on a twin screw without changing anything else to make it a good comparison between the two.

But an m112 just isnt a bolt on. So lets look at whats out there

MPX, S port 994-95 blower

For logetivity and good power Id say go for an S port with an MPII inlet. It can take you well into the 300rwhp range

If Dave Dalke has any AR kits available they will surely give you a top end boost in power with some loss downstairs

I'd still love to see an m112 on a motor thats running great, has no mechanical issues and has a cam that can that has the potential for big numbers

Still an S port bolts on real nice

The MPX is the best you can do for a roots type blower. I beleive the max anyone has done is 390+ HP. I dont beleive a MPX will come close to out performing a twin screw as I beleive Ira is pushing 475 hp with his 1.7AR. The M112 is not as strong a performer as stated and is not a route most people will take unless they want a novelity. If one wants a twin screw blower it needs to be purchased from someone already owning one or getting someone to fabricate a kit for one. Regardless it is not a cheap route to go.

Ken

The MPX is the best you can do for a roots type blower. I beleive the max anyone has done is 390+ HP. I dont beleive a MPX will come close to out performing a twin screw as I beleive Ira is pushing 475 hp with his 1.7AR. The M112 is not as strong a performer as stated and is not a route most people will take unless they want a novelity. If one wants a twin screw blower it needs to be purchased from someone already owning one or getting someone to fabricate a kit for one. Regardless it is not a cheap route to go.

Ken

Thanks for the information. I guess for what he wants he will have to a.) hold out for a 1.7L AR or b.) swap the split port mustang heads and go m112 that route.

ok so i was a little off on the M112. i did say " i think" its better than the M90.

your friend can pick up an mpx case and inlet for about $1100 and then just swap rotors and snouts from the old supercharger.

Realistically 350rwhp with an m90..If he isnt happy with around those numbers its going to be a custom endevour.

400rwhp isnt eassy no matter what

wow :eek: where did he find that ?

did he get a good deal on it ?

His grandmother has had it since... 93/94, its been driven to the grocery store that's about 5miles from her house, and to church which is a shorter distance than the grocery store.

She gave it to him and bought a g8!!

Back