FINALLY finished the port work on my heads

Slysc

I finally got motivated to finish the port work on my split port cylinder heads.

There's one little spot that I need to weld up in an intake port but after that, they are ready to begin the ceramic coating process.

Then I need to figure out the rocker situation. If I'm going with stud mount rockers, I'll need to cut the pedistals and tap them to install the studs.

Then I assemble them with the titanium valves and bee hive springs and I can put them on the engine. I haven't opened the hood and looked at my shortblock since last fall. I may have to pull it and freshen that up too.

Maybe someday it will actually run.:rolleyes:

You best get busy so you can show off at the shootout---you still owe Anthony some come-uppins............:)..Dan

Yea, this is the turbo motor. I've had this Garrett T67 sitting on the shelf for over a year. I can't wait to get it in the car.
I didn't put a quench pad groove in these heads because there's not much of a quench pad on the split port heads.

Yea, this is the turbo motor. I've had this Garrett T67 sitting on the shelf for over a year. I can't wait to get it in the car.
I didn't put a quench pad groove in these heads because there's not much of a quench pad on the split port heads.

what is a quench pad groove and whats it help?

Dan,

I'm looking forward to seeing it run at the Shootout.

David

I would love to make to the shootout this year. I missed 2008 all together. :mad:It was the first shootout I ever missed.

I'm building a pole barn and I've got three other car projects that I need to finish before I can focus on getting the SC back together but I am going to do it somehow.

Also, #10 is on the way. :eek:
That probably won't effect the SC project much.

sounds like you've been busier elsewhere than porting heads dan!!!! congrats... and i want to see these beasties... may be hitting you up for a set. :)

This is us last year. Definately 9. I counted.

Attachments

• family picture 08.jpg
    family picture 08.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 128
Back