NHRA Pro Stock

fastsc92

Just spreading the word...

A good friend of mine has been signed onto the NHRA Pro Stock team of Jim Yates, racing the Wiley-X GTO. Ryan is currently the points leader in Div.1 Top Sportsman, and has two championships racing under SuperGas last season. At 24 years old...this is def. a ride of a lifetime. Keep your eye out for him on ESPN!

http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/5/27/yateswiley-x-gxp-to-return-in-chicago-with-new-driver/

From Jim Yate's Blog
Yep, it is official! Our Wiley X GXP will be racing six races starting with the Chicago race and including Englishtown, Norwalk, Reading, Indy and Charlotte. Almost everything will remain the same; the same car, engine program, paint scheme, crew and racing operation. There is only one small change – Ryan Ondrejko will be driving the Wiley X GXP instead of me. For the first time in my career, I will be enjoying my Pontiac from an entirely new perspective – standing on the starting line watching it race down the track instead of actually sitting in the driver's seat pulling those levers myself. How cool will that be? Toni hasn’t decided if I can have a radio on or not – she says that drivers have no business standing on the starting line! She even suggested that I spend some time in the announcer's booth with Bob Frey or hang around Alan at the finish line. Now I wonder what in the world is up with that?! LOL

Anyway, I have to say, I am really excited about this great opportunity to work with another young exceptional driver. Ryan comes to us with a great profile as a driver in NHRA Super Gas and Top Sportsman. He has won two Super Gas divisional titles and is currently the points leader in the Division 1 Top Sportsman class. He has won several races already this season and is looking forward to competing in his first professional Pro Stock race.

Before going to Chicago, however, Ryan will be testing the WileyX GXP for a couple of days and then on to Gateway International Raceway in St. Louis for two more days of testing. It will be a busy week for all of us but by the time Ryan pulls into the staging beams on Friday afternoon in Chicago, I am confident that he will be very comfortable in his new ride.

I know that this program is a little different for us but I am very happy to be able to get our Sunglass Machine back on the racetrack. I am also looking forward to being a teacher/mentor to an accomplished young driver like Ryan who may well be one of the new up and coming drivers in our sport.

So, there you have it my friends – the news that I have been waiting to share with everyone. I am really looking forward to being back at the track and seeing all of my fans and friends again. If you are at the event, make sure that you stop by our pits to say hi. I shouldn't be hard to recognize…I will be the guy in the Wiley X uniform not wearing the fire pants! Thanks for checking in and stay tuned for an update on how our testing goes this week!

http://rtomotorsports.com/
http://www.johnsracecraft.com/

Sweet dude. I definatly keep an eye on him. I'm actually thinkin about gettin a pair of glasses from Wiley.

will keep an eye out for him hopefully right behind my friend Kevin Lawrence, as he to will be trying to qualify in ProStock in chicago

Just heard back from Ryan and caught him on ESPN tonight. Qualified 14/16 6.658 @ 205.72, .917 60'. Not bad for his Pro Stock debut. Tomorrow will be a challange as he's racing Jeg Coughlin in the first round.

Back