No power at Fuse block - radio only

LukewarmSteak

when i got my car i noticed that the factory radio and cd player did not work...
i never really cared until now... i started pulling everything out, and nothing was out of sorts... so i pulled the fuse, and it was good!

then i got out my multimeter and checked it with the car running, and there was no power... i checked another one which read 14.0V just to be sure...

i don't really know where to start looking for connections because i can't find an electrical diagram anywhere... and I'm waiting for my membership to go thru... it's seriously taking forever so i can't go into the members area to check it out on the electrical section...

where do i start?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...70341053590QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992...30341008025QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature
Dont know what year your car is, but one of the above should work. If not got to Ebay and type in "Thunderbird EVTM" and it will come up. They are cheap and easy to use. An absolute must if your going to be doing electrical work on your SC. Far better than anything you will ever find in a parts store. Buy one, you wont regret it. Getting into the members section may or may not help you. Especially with electrical problems, you really need to diagnose them yourself usually. Gook luck...

radio power

If for some reason you arent successful finding a bad fuse and you are tired of messing with it, send me an e-m or give me a call and I'll explain what I did on my 94 to get it to work.
Ken Horner
whplsh15@aol.com
403-730-7813

because my dad has the 'thunderbird haynes book' i don't really know where to start...
someone mentioned another fuse in the engine bay... which of the engine bay fuses also controls the radio?

because my dad has the 'thunderbird haynes book' i don't really know where to start...
someone mentioned another fuse in the engine bay... which of the engine bay fuses also controls the radio?
The only thing that a haynes manual is good for when it comes to electrical issues, or anything else for that matter, is building a fire in the stove in your garage....so you can warm up your Luke warm steak.

In the Power Distribution Box under the hood is a 5A fuse.....

It is in the corner of the PDB closest to the intercooler.....

Check it, I'll bet its blown.....

The fuse the-big-e is talking abuot is the memory fuse it blew on me once it took me awhile to figure it was that fuse. Im with the-big-e check the fuse it probably is blown.

Travis

i think i love you guys...

i thought i responded... but it was on a different computer?? idk..

anyways... i wanted to thank you guys so much! :D yes... you were both right... the 'memory' fuse in the engine bay was in fact blown to bits! well... just blown... so i replaced it... tomorrow i'll put the ol' factory tape deck in to test it out, and then i'll swap it for my cd player... Thanks again boys!

Back