problems after installing 75mm tb

BECERRASC

i did install the 75mm tb and when i turn the engine on it was making big noise at the filter cone????? and the RPM was at 2100 those any one have an aidea of why is this happening???

Sounds like your IAC that connects to the throttle body. You might have damaged it putting on the new throttle body...

Aic

no i put back the stock tb with the aic and it run perfect??

other thing when this happen the exaust manifolds were so hot ! the engine was so hot within like a minute or so but i didn't run the engine for more then 2 min.........

What brand is the tb ? Were there instructions with it ? I think your sensors are fine but u have to follow the directions to a T.

brand ?? unknown

i bought it here and it came with TPS AND IAC already ....... the iac i put it on my stock TB and work just fine :confused: ???? it was making a loud noise (roorrorrr ) nice noise if you ask me but when i so the exaust manifold that hot within mins that scare the crap out of me ..... :mad: but what could be wrong ????? what is causing to run rich ...lean ?

hot exhaust means the engine is running lean----lean engine means its getting more air into it than the Mass air flow sensor is aware of so start looking for where there is air getting in around the throttle body----something is not fitting or getting seated properly.....................Dan

i bought it here and it came with TPS AND IAC already ....... the iac i put it on my stock TB and work just fine :confused: ???? it was making a loud noise (roorrorrr ) nice noise if you ask me but when i so the exaust manifold that hot within mins that scare the crap out of me ..... :mad: but what could be wrong ????? what is causing to run rich ...lean ?

Install the TPS from your stock throttle body and then follow these directions for adjusting the idle.

Begin with a cold vehicle. The idea here is to get the car to a firm cold idle with enough airbleed capacity left in the idle circuit for IAC adjustment.

The idle stop should be set first. Back out the idle stop screw, away from the bell crank arm, until about 1/2 turn past the point where it no longer makes contact (blade fully closed). Using an 0.010" feeler guage, tighten until gauge just drags between screw and bell crank arm. Remove feeler gauge. Tighten screw exactly 1 1/2 turns. If the screw is very loose, put a drop of locktite or silicone on it, so it doesn't work out of adjustment.

Now remove the connector to the Idle Air Controller (IAC) just on the other side of the throttle body. Start the car and allow to warm for 2 minutes. Give a small "blip" to let it settle. If it is having a hard time staying running you may have to get an assistant until you can get to the front of the car. Now open or close the air bleed screw (CCW opens) next to the IAC until the car idles at 575 to 600 rpm. For guys with aftermarket cams and an EEC tuner, you might want to idle a bit more briskly, say 650 to 675.

Turn off the car. Now count the number of turns clockwise to close on the idle air bleed screw. If it falls between 1/2 and 2, it's okay, now reverse it out the same number of turns. Log the number somewhere in case you need it for the future. Reconnect the IAC. You are done.

If the air bleed screw is above 2 turns, it's a good idea to tighten the idle stop screw another 1/2 turn, then repeat the idle setting. If it is below 1/2 turn, then loosen the idle stop screw by 1/4 to 1/2 a turn, and repeat the idle setting. Be sure to put another drop of silicone rtv on the stop screw if it was disturbed. Reconnect the IAC. You are done.

You may also need to drill out the holes on the TPS sensor to allow a little room to rotate the sensor to obtain the proper voltage at idle. Do a search on setting TPS voltage for more info.

David

you beat me to it dave.

these are the instructions i was looking for.

does the piece where your tps mount rotate back and forth ? the professional products TB has that.

re tb problem

yea the tps has some sort of pieces with bolt so it ca be adjusted .... i will try again right now and i get back with results

another thing to look out for. It isn't unusual for some aftermarket throttle bodies to not have the base all that flat. You may want to set it down on a flat surface and use a feeler gauge to see if it can fit around the edge. If it's not too far off, you may just need to get the nuts tighter to pull it flat. make sure you use a new gasket.

another thing to look out for. It isn't unusual for some aftermarket throttle bodies to not have the base all that flat. You may want to set it down on a flat surface and use a feeler gauge to see if it can fit around the edge. If it's not too far off, you may just need to get the nuts tighter to pull it flat. make sure you use a new gasket.

sure that was the problem i just fixed with my grinder and make it nice and even :D ..... it had a few gaps all arroud the inlet now it working fine well i need to adjust the tps .... PROBLEM SOLVED!;) THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP

make sure you unhook the battery , one day all i did was unplug the maf and plugged it back in , my car idled at 2000 for a week till i finally unhooked the battery then it was fine but it stalled a lot for 2 or three days till it learned how to idle right again then it was fine

Last edited:
Back