does any one familyar with black stuff in radiator cap???

BECERRASC

yes i had seen lately black stuff under the radiator cap?? i cleaned few days later i have some acumulated again ??? does any body knows what is this black stuff and what it causes it?? looks like grease ?? but i have no clue?

You may have some build-up in your radiator. May be a good idea to have a power flush done on your radiator and on your heater core. It is possible to have an internal leak where oil is leaking into the cooling system if you have a cracked head or block but I wouldn't get too worried yet.

Chris

Black stuff collecting on the radiator cap is head gasket material. A hint of what is coming....

only reason i didnt post about the head gaskets is because he said it was like grease.....

i know if it was like flakes you would think head gaskets. but what about this grease type stuff he talking about. still think the same?

only reason i didnt post about the head gaskets is because he said it was like grease.....
Cross contamination from the combustion chambers. Mix carbon etc. with antifreeze and you get oily gel. Normal sediments from the cooling system will be calcium and mineral based. Oil only comes from one place.

I just finished a headgasket job for a friends SC and it had that black greasy looking suff in the radiator cap, too. Definitely headgasket time. I wouldn't put it off. It's probably already blown.

re black stuff

ok when i have had this car for 2 years know and when i got it it was over heating and drove like thad for about 2 monts then i notecied the there was a coolant leak on the left rear back side ... so when i try to see weres coming from i see its from the head just above the spark plug when i removed i find that the head wasn't as SC head and it had a huge crack like 3 inches long
so i changed the head with the one SC ..... and i make sure that the other one was SC .... the cars runs fine strong the i this this stuff my be from that problem in the past since the car has only 69,xxx miles i bough it with 66,xxx i dont drive this one that much

Back