need help.. 2 videos inside.

89tird

Ok the first video is of me punching the car from a dead spot.. the boost builds super quickly and pegs the factory gauge, but the car just looses all the power at about where the video ends.. whats going on ???

the 2nd video is me doing KOEO test I forgot how to read that thing :(.. can anybody help me ?? I think they all are EGR codes but no sure.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/nyinterceptor/?action=view&current=101_0292.flv

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/nyinterceptor/?action=view&current=101_0274.flv

DTC 332
Insufficient exhaust gas recirculation flow detected
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 332 indicates the Pressure Feedback EGR (PFE) / Differential Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) sensor signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) did not change when the PCM output a duty cycle to the EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) solenoid requesting EGR flow. Possible causes are:

Icing
Obstructed EGR passages
Vacuum hose leaks.
Obstructed vacuum hoses.
Damaged EVR solenoid.
Damaged PFE/DPFE sensor.
Damaged EGR valve.
Damaged PCM.
Key "OFF".
Disconnect and inspect vacuum hose between EVR solenoid and EGR valve for blockage, kinks, etc. Service as necessary and reconnect after inspection.
Disconnect vacuum hose at EGR valve and connect hose to a vacuum gauge.
Rerun Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test while observing vacuum gauge. See: Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Quick Test Appendix (Detailed Testing Instructions)\Key ON Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test
Is vacuum reading less than 3kPa (1 in-Hg) throughout the test (disregard DTC output)?
Yes -- Remove vacuum gauge. Go to DL31. See: DL31 - Check Vacuum Input to the EVR Solenoid
No -- Remove vacuum gauge. Reconnect EGR valve vacuum hose. RERUN Quick Test if the vacuum hose was not in good condition and service was completed. See: Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Quick Test Appendix (Detailed Testing Instructions)

DTC 335
Exhaust gas recirculation valve pressure sensor voltage higher or lower than expected during KOEO self-test.
Your Vehicle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird V6-232 3.8L SC

Vehicle » Powertrain Management » Computers and Control Systems » Testing and Inspection » Pinpoint Tests » DL - PFE/DPFE Sensor; EVR Solenoid Testing » DL8 - Remove Garage Forced Air Notes

DL8 - Remove Garage Forced Air

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 335 indicates the Pressure Feedback EGR (PFE) / Differential Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) sensor is out of Self-Test range.

Possible causes are:

Damaged PFE/DPFE sensor.
Obstructed pressure inlet hose(s).
Garage exhaust ventilation system affecting PFE/DPFE sensor operation.
NOTE: PFE/DPFE system can sense a lack of pressure in the vehicle exhaust system. An efficient garage exhaust ventilation system that is installed during Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Test Mode may generate a DTC 335.

Remove garage forced ventilation system and properly vent to atmosphere.
Rerun KOEO Self-Test. See: Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Quick Test Appendix (Detailed Testing Instructions)
Is DTC 335 present?
Yes -- Go to DL9. See: DL9 - Check PFE/DPFE Sensor Pressure Input Hose(s)
No -- ADDRESS other DTC's in KOEO Self-Test. If none. CONTINUE with remaining Quick Test. See: Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Quick Test Appendix (Detailed Testing Instructions)

DTC 336
Exhaust pressure high, exhaust gas recirculation valve pressure sensor voltage higher than expected.
Possible causes are:
Damaged EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) solenoid.
Damaged DPFE sensor.
Damaged or contaminated EGR valve.
Vacuum hose routing.
Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM) .
Key "OFF".
Disconnect EGR valve vacuum line at valve and plug line.
Rerun Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test. See: Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes\Quick Test Appendix (Detailed Testing Instructions)\Key ON Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test

Last edited:
thanks, thats awesome! , I already changed the DPFE sensor gotta test the egr valve to see if it closes and opens.. but would any of this be related to the problem in video # 1?

That problem is not Egr related. Egr only functions under cruise or light throttle conditions. Unless there is a leaking Egr valve, it can not cause a driveability issue. Problem is not egr related. I'd start with fuel pressure...Sounds like its not getting enough fuel. Wether it is a fuel supply problem(pump/filter) or a fuel control problem (Maf Sensor), Im not capable of telling you. Start with the fuel pressure. Worry about the Egr later if it really bothers you.

Last edited:
If my memory serves me correctly it means insufficent egr flow. I would guess that you probable knocked of the hose the goes to the egr preasure sensor on the back side of the intake. Check the little hose and make sure that it is not brittle or not attached. It should be fine - provided that there are no major other problems, like a broken egr pipe. I would also run premium fuel, because egr is desing to keep combustion temps down, this will prevent spark knock, for the week while you fix it. Also no drag racing either.

Good luck
Tim

found this on another thread.. does the egr pull spark ??

im going to measure fuel pressure tomorrow

Ok Fraser, tell me how EGR pulls ignition timing. Directly that is...Obviously timing would have to be if it were working to compensate for the warmer intake charge temperatures. That has nothing to do with Egr function. Especially on a car the has Egr codes and is clearly not functioning.

Last edited:
Not possible...has nothing to do with Egr function. Especially on a car the has Egr codes and is clearly not functioning.

Agreed. Separate systems, separate functionality, no direct influence.

Seems clear the OP needs to address the EGR issues reflected by the codes and move on from there if other issues remain.

I was only referring to the statement that the EGR doesn't pull spark and is not possible. I was not referring to anything else. With response to what the EGR does, the EEC will change timing, including when it fails.....

But hey, you guys obviously know way more about how the EEC works with the EGR than anyone else does.

Fraser

ps, I will endeavour not to correct any statements that are wrong in the future.

But hey, you guys obviously know way more about how the EEC works with the EGR than anyone else does.Fraser

Fraser
Why do you say things like this? All the time I read things from you that are overly passive aggressive and sarcastic. Alot of us know the knowledge you have with these systems and the work you put in and the progress you have made. Instead of making comments kike that, why not explain your self? You didn;t give anyone a chance for argument...
ps, I will endeavour not to correct any statements that are wrong in the future.

Again, not helpful to anyone, it's self destructive, un-warrented, and not productive at all. Having "The Village Idiot" in your sig exemplifies the persona you portray, and the point I'm trying to make....give yourself, and everyone else a chance here bro. If someone is wrong on a diagnostic level, explain yourself, I personally would really like to know what you have to say,.

Dangle, certain individuals here would never listen to anything anyone said so it wouldn't make a difference anyway if I explained exactly what was happening, so I've turned to asking why an individual would think something, and you can see the response from that. I was merely wanting to correct an error before someone started thinking that was gospel, and twice it was totally dismissed as being totally irrelevant.

There's no point in explaining anything to folks like that.

Your right though, I should stop the sarcasm.

Fraser

I asked you to explain it to me. But as usual you want to start an arguement. Either way, suit yourself XXXXXXXXX....

Last edited by a moderator:

fraser, not all who read post in threads. some of look and try to learn. if someone doesn't want to hear what u know to be true I am sure that others would.

Well I didnt have time yesterday to pick up a fuel pressure gauge... does anybody think that it could be a transmission issue ?? should the rpm go up so high in the video ?

no more egr

ok fixed the egr issues, what can I check next ?

I have a problem sometimes. the tranny used to jerk at every gear change, I changed the tranny oil with mercon V and it almost completely went away, now it only does it at 45 mph like once a week. the car jerks and I could hear a thump under the car.. related to the power loss ?

Today I went WOT from a dead stop, but instead of keeping the accelerator burried before hitting red line I let go of the gas a lil and the car shifted and kept going,

So I guess it is a tranny problem because its not going into 3rd at wot. Or maybe OD gone??

Last edited:
Back