Drag racing ride control auto or firm?

Pacman

Ok here is a question.

In therery wouldnt an sc launch better at the track with the ride on SOFT since the wieght would transfer from the front to back more and then give you more traction?

So basicly what im wondering is, If you leave the ride control to auto will you have already launched before it adjusts the rear shocks to FIRM thus launching better than with the ride control in the firm position? OR would it make the car launch better to temporarely dissable the ride control at the track? Or does it not make enough diffrence to matter?

:confused:

What I do is pull the controllers off the tops of the shocks and manually set the fronts to soft and the backs to firm.

That allows the front to transfer and keeps my rears from wheel hopping. If I wasn't worried about wheel hop I would set the rears to soft also to help with the weight transfer.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I always disconnect all four shock actuators at the track. I haven't experienced wheel hop in my five speed since lowering it and installing a 1 1/4" Addco rear sway bar so that's not an issue for me.

Back