PDA

View Full Version : My SC in Modified Mustangs 6/09

SuperChicken89
05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Got a call from a Mustang friend to tell me my SC was in the 6/09 issue of Modified Mustangs & Fords on page 94. The picture was from the March NMRA race/show in Bradenton, FL. It's kind of a small picture but the author did make a favorable comment about the SC. I would scan the picture and written caption but I'm not sure whether is would be considered copywrite infringement. Don't want to upset the web gods. Still none the less it is pretty cool to see the SC in a magazine:D

Bryan

Kurt K
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Got a call from a Mustang friend to tell me my SC was in the 6/09 issue of Modified Mustangs & Fords on page 94. The picture was from the March NMRA race/show in Bradenton, FL. It's kind of a small picture but the author did make a favorable comment about the SC. I would scan the picture and written caption but I'm not sure whether is would be considered copywrite infringement. Don't want to upset the web gods. Still none the less it is pretty cool to see the SC in a magazine:D

Bryan
Congrats. Come on Bryan, I'm sure it would be ok to post the caption.

the-big-e
05-31-2009, 07:53 AM
So long as you are not getting any profit from the posting of said pictures, it should be alright.....:p

kamakazie_1
05-31-2009, 08:05 AM
I actually don't think it's considered infringement unless you fail to give credit for the article's source..

Let's see it Bryan!!

RJ

SuperChicken89
05-31-2009, 08:47 AM
I was wondering if I gave the magazine/writer credit would it be ok. I'll scan the picture/caption when I get home. Presently I'm in the DC area for another exciting transportation conference. Nothing like hanging out with middle aged traffic geeks:D

Bryan

Kurt K
05-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that after 5 or 6 years of trying to get to the NMRA event in Joliet, I think I will actually make it this year. Tony has won the 13 second index in the true street event 3 times in the past and it's time to get some more exposure for SC's....I should be pretty good for the 12 second index this year :D

kamakazie_1
05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Good luck Kurt, wish I could be there to watch that!!

RJ

BLOWN38
05-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Congrats! Your car is super clean!

kamakazie_1
06-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Congrats! Your car is super clean!

:D:D:D If only you knew how clean it really is, you ought to see the Cobra and the Shelby!! That's what happens when they never see the sun or the weather!! :D:D:D

:eek:RJ:eek:

onequiksc
06-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Bryan...YOU have a Supercoupe?

When did you buy that?

;)

P.S. Congrats once again

kamakazie_1
06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Bryan...YOU have a Supercoupe?

When did you buy that?

;)

P.S. Congrats once again

And there's upper mongolia kicking in his two cents!! Nice to see you on Dan, we've missed you!

RJ

the-big-e
06-01-2009, 01:42 PM
He's been busy with his AMC Pacer.....:p

SuperChicken89
06-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the accolades guys:D In the vast sea of Mustangs, it is hard to get any recognition. Ford did build other performance cars other than the Rustang:rolleyes: Sometimes I feel like the SC's are the Rodney Dangerfield of Fords:rolleyes: We don't get any respect.

And RJ my cars do see weather from time to time. I can't leave them in the Garage all of the time. The other weekend, the Shelby was out in the rain for several hours..... No I didn't drive it in the rain. Parish the thought! I just had to back it out of the garage to access the attic to locate a roof leak after a deluge of rain.

Kurt, good luck at the NMRA race. Show them what a 12 second can do!

Bryan

Brad Klein
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Ford did build other performance cars other than the Rustang:rolleyes:

This coming from a guy who owns 2 LOL

Congrats on being in the magazine I remember how happy I was to have mine in there. Im still a little mad they never used the other pictures they took they had me do two photo shoots with two different photographers and never used a one.

Cobra85
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Nothing like hanging out with middle aged traffic geeks:D

Nuf said :D

SuperChicken89
06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Here is the picture along with the caption.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
That's great bud, great mention there..

BTW you know I'm kidding you about the rain right, I bet the Shelby is still locking the doors on it's own when you walk by, you sure know how to piss a lady off!! leave her in the rain and close the garage door!!

What a sorry dad you are to the baby!!

:DRJ

Kurt K
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Here is the picture along with the caption.

Bryan
Congrats again.

SuperChicken89
06-04-2009, 10:00 AM
That's great bud, great mention there..

BTW you know I'm kidding you about the rain right, I bet the Shelby is still locking the doors on it's own when you walk by, you sure know how to piss a lady off!! leave her in the rain and close the garage door!!

What a sorry dad you are to the baby!!

:DRJ

I know you are kidding RJ:D One or both of the cars have to sit outside from time to time when the garage is occupied with a home project. They never seem happy about camping outdoors overnight:D

Bryan

the-big-e
06-04-2009, 01:48 PM
My 91 Subaru Loyal is just the opposite.....

Every time I have parked it in a garage or shop for more than a day, she will be hard to crank and knock like shes got a bag of hammers inside the block....:eek:

Leave her outside for months on end and she starts and purrs like a kitten.....:p

95badbird
06-04-2009, 02:01 PM
sweet!!!!~

Flip
06-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Congrats on getting it in a mag. Looks good as always.

Toms-SC
06-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Good thing I searched, was going to make a new thread. Just saw the picture today. Very clean! Congrats on making the mag!