One of those days....

XxSlowpokexX

:(

Ever just have one of those days. I spent two days prepping my car for carlisle. Buffed it, made teh engine nicey nice...cleaned the rims and just about every crevice on the car.....

So Im driving my car back tonight and it was feeling a bit chilly out so I turned the heat on...Didnt feel any heat comming out...Figured hmmm..Maybe its just not warmed up...Zipping around on my way home the car felt a lil sluggish..Hmmm..Look at the temp gague and its on M...OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAAIIITT A MMIINNUUTTEEEEE

on M no heat...NOTT GOOOOODDDD.....SO I see it creeping even further up....OOHHHHHHHNOOOOOOOOOOOooOoOOooO..Car starts running a lil rough

I get home check....No water left for the most part whatsoever..Thats right..OOOhhHHhhhhH NNNnnNnOOoOOOoOO...

Seems the hose for the overflow had fallen off..I had been smelling something past few days..Thought it was power steering fluid....So thi smay just be why my car has been running hotter then usual....

ANYWAY....Fan doesnt seem to be comming on..??? All fuses in engine box and fuse panel seem ok EXCEPT....One of those relay/fuses..The silver ones....The one that controls the seats and the trunk switch.....

NEEDLESS to say it doesnt look liek Ill be driving my car to carlisle..I just have no time to fix it and well I am not risk something going wrong on the way there or back..UNLESS it ssomething reeall stupid.

Any ideas on the mysterios hot relays..Is one related to the fan in anyway?

Strange that my temp gague was reading temp yet no heat..No Steam....No water boiling over....

Ill check the fan and whatnot tomorrow

No water in oil either but the running rough just reminds me of head gaskets..eerrgghhhhhhhhh..THHIISSSS SSSUUCCKKSSSSSSSSSSS

Anyways YAHHH ME!

Best of luck man, I see you on here everyday helping people out and telling good stories now why does this happen to the best of us? Who knows... good luck I hope its something little.

Jerry

my Teal 94...I wil llook into it tomorrow..Came home late..could be ICRM..Goin gto pull some plugs too and see how they look

Jerry Im unsure but I had to pull one of my heads off eventually to fix a busted bolt...May just happen sooner hen later!

Last edited:
If you don't have enough coolent to trigger the fan sensor it won't run. I beleave if I rember correctly it is the one in the stem out of your intake to the heater core hose. But it has been a few years since I delt with them. Fill it with water run it a bit see what happens!

my temp used to go to M and hold there before i had it reprogrammed with a 180 t-stat.

just fill the system back up with enough 50/50 and i think you'll be fine.

The running rough worries me..Well see today.

But why my fuse/relay was super hot......Is a whlel other issue.

When it rains it pours!

This happened late last night. I am playing back worts case scenarios in my head. The plus..No water in oil

The bad..No water in radiator!>>I am almost thinking of doing a head gasket job this thursday...I just dont trust it now.

Ill do some lookin around tonight. Im doing a seperate post on the fuse issue

I say stop worring about the HG till it blows lol

replace the rad hose and fill up watch the temps and see if flogging the car takes care of the running rough. lol The cars temp sensor might making the car run funny. Top off and see.

safe mode?

Any chance it just ran out of water and then triggered into safe mode and thats why it was running rough? Just a thought im really not sure. Good luck with the fix....im sure once you get it taken care of something else will go wrong though...that seems to be the way of things on these cars.

Is there like a safe mode?,,I dont want to do a Rico at Carlisle you know:D...Plus being I'd be in front of you ya wouldnt wanna drive past the grandstand with water and oil all over ya car (double) :D:D:p:D:D

Dude I actually buffed and waxed it this year! I was runnin scared!

lol.

I still gotta do all that stuff.

Ill be doint it at the grounds. I just bought a 5" pusher fan for the condenser should be here tomorow. I also gotta fix my right rear brakes, the pads are only contacting the rotor half way tru. And still waiting on the tint.

But I think it comes down to color. Your color looks like a custom paint job thats why it sparks attention. Specially to femals :eek: :p which do most of the voting. I see tons of husbands walking around and the wife ends up voting.

FOREST YOU BEST BE VERTIN FER DAT DER PURTY CAR!

Actually first year I brought the teal car Pat took first and I took second..Of course I rolled in around noon with a hangover :O)

I say definetly don't take the time and money doing a HG job without being sure that's what it is. Not worth it without being positive.

Back