Window Tint getting it redone.

ricardoa1

Car is at the shop getting the windows redone before Carlisle. The guy advised me highly against going darker then 15%. Mass is 35% all around.
He tells me the cops are really cracking down.

So I told him to do 25% in the back and 35% in the front. But not sure if this will be too lite for me. :(

Mines are very faded and do not remember what it looked like when I had dark tint.

Can anyone show me pics of the set up I want. I want to see if ill be happy.

Ill be spending a good chunk of my paycheck on the service.
They want $240 plus $120 to remove the old stuff. And $30 surcharge for the illegal tints.

$390 :eek: Its too late to back out now so pics would be good.

Also how do you guys prevent the film getting scratched by the inner track support. Its that little pad mid window, that pushes against the window as it goes up and down. I have scratches mark from this pad. I dont want the new tint to suffer from the same problem

I have 20% on my rears and 35% on my side glass. If I had to do it again I'd do 35% all the way around. Avoids cops, looks even, and you can see easier at night.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Well I am also looking into the future, I know after they get sunbeat they get lighter like mine. they used to be 20 in the back and now its more like 42%

yea....i just went to autozone, got a roll of tint and did it myself. It comes out mint if you take the window glass out (takes 5 min to pull it). Plus it only costs me $8 a roll. One roll can do the door glass and the quarter window per side.

Also how do you guys prevent the film getting scratched by the inner track support. Its that little pad mid window, that pushes against the window as it goes up and down. I have scratches mark from this pad. I dont want the new tint to suffer from the same problem

I have this same problem on my driver's side window only. I bought replacement pads from Ford, but actually reused the original one when I found that the orientation had shifted and the factory pad is actually a little bigger than the factory replacements. I think I actually adjusted mine a little too tight and therefore scratched the tint that I had redone on the driver's window.

I have this same problem on my driver's side window only. I bought replacement pads from Ford, but actually reused the original one when I found that the orientation had shifted and the factory pad is actually a little bigger than the factory replacements. I think I actually adjusted mine a little too tight and therefore scratched the tint that I had redone on the driver's window.

Well I bought new ones from ford too. Thats what I have on there. It has like little felt hairs that wear out to expose the jeans like fabric. But I have enough hairs. I did not know there was an adjustment on those other then up and down alittle. I dont want to ruin this set. What if I take them out? will the window have problems?

The window needs some tension on there, so I'd leave the pads in. The up/down adjustment is what provides the tension.

Well I bought new ones from ford too. Thats what I have on there. It has like little felt hairs that wear out to expose the jeans like fabric. But I have enough hairs. I did not know there was an adjustment on those other then up and down alittle. I dont want to ruin this set. What if I take them out? will the window have problems?
I think the higher you adjust them, the more pressure they put on the window when rolling it down. I'm pretty sure you need to have them otherwise the window will bounce around when in the down position.

here in mi the legal tint is 25 or 35% i dont remenber and nothing is aloud on the fronts!

my sc has 5% on the rears and nothing on the fronts and i dont get messed with by the cops. it only cost me $150 for the back 3 windows and they had no tint to start with.

now on my sho i have 5% all around the back (5windows(4door car) and the front 2 are at 35% i really like it.. and so far so good. here in mi the only cops that give you a hard time about window tint is the state troopers:rolleyes:. i did this car my self for $80

but on my sho within the ford emblem on the window it says solar tint on all windows but windsheild so can i get away with sayin its factory.i doubt it. tho the car did come with a 50% tint all around the car(but windsheild) when i bought it 5years ago.

i also seen at auto zone that you can by a clingy tint that is easy to remove and install. dont know how many times it can handle that. but that might be an option for someone that wants it for the track or car show but dont want it all the time because of the law

Last edited:
Id love to rig up some kind of shade like the luxury car do. Its like a black projector thingie opens up. From the package tray. Thats would take care of the really sunny days. :D

Went 20 all around on mine,looks mint.
Went 20 rear and 35 front on my other car and i don't like it at all,going to get them redone 20.
35 is just too light in my opinion.

tint

this is the legal stuff. Dont look at car just the tint its a mess but no time for it yet

Attachments

• tint2.jpg
    tint2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 154
LIIRearAltered.jpg

I've got 20% all around. I'm technically illegal for Nebraska, but I had legal limit on my 91 and didn't like it. Nebraska limit is 35% on front 2 windows and 20% on rear - I just went 20% all around and I really like it.

Just to give an idea, hope it helps :)

-Melon

Thats lite. And has a purple hue. How long is that job been on the car?

Don't hold me to this, because I don't know how true it is, but I've heard from a couple of people that windex on the tint eventually causes it to turn purple like that.

Don't hold me to this, because I don't know how true it is, but I've heard from a couple of people that windex on the tint eventually causes it to turn purple like that.

that is true...it is the amonia in the solution which degrades the tint. I always washed mine with warm water.

Back