EEC Fuse G??

johnrada

So after trying to figure out why my car would not run, I noticed fuse G in the box under the hood was blown, to my disbelief what looked like a very cheap fix. I went out and got another fuse, car started up, great. I shut the car off, went to start it again to pull it into the drive way, started up, and shut off. Check to see if it was the same problem, same fuse blew. Now after searching on EEC fuse threads I now have a couple of new questions. I see some debate whether Fuse G is related to the EEC because from what I have read, the fuse box does say (except on 3.8 SC engine). Continuing from there, I saw a related EEC post from KMT that turned to an IRCM post with a discussion that the EEC relay/fuse was inside of the IRCM? This whole ordeal has me very confused. That aside, what is Fuse G then? Where to start looking for a short to that fuse? :confused:

Fuse G is the fuse for the EEC. In the SC, the EEC relay is inside the IRCM. In other T-birds the EEC relay is in the fuse box. The remark "All Ford Engines Except 3.8L SC" on the inside of the fuse box cover refers to the relay and not the fuse.

Wow...could be several points to check over in the harness to locate a short in that circuit.

How is the wiring on the car in general?

Can you lift the PCB clear enough to check the bottom for shorts and/or corrosion there? I might start there first and then work towards the EEC, right side of the glove box. Lift the carpet there for maybe a quick check as well.

Last edited:
Upon taking out the eec, i found that the SCT chip I have installed was loose :eek: this could explain a lot of poor running conditions i have been experiencing. But if it was loose, could it have in anyway grounded itself perhaps to blow out the fuse?

I at first just replaced the fuse with a new one, started it up, car ran, turned it off. Started back up, fuse blew again. Then i took out the EEC put chip back in proper position, started and let car idle 3-4 times before pulling it into the drive way. Was this perhaps my problem? I am still going to check wiring for a hidden short but if I don't find anything, I think I'm gonna say the chip was it.

Back