Need help identifying blower pulleys.

275hptbirdsc

So the guy I bought my SC from awile ago said it had a %10 pulley on it but didnt say where. Im pretty sure the right %10 pulley lets you make around 15 psi but im not? Maybe he was talking about another kind of pulley? Can someone explain the differences (or maybe some pictures) of stock and aftermarket pulleys? Thanks!

So the guy I bought my SC from awile ago said it had a %10 pulley on it but didnt say where. Im pretty sure the right %10 pulley lets you make around 15 psi but im not? Maybe he was talking about another kind of pulley? Can someone explain the differences (or maybe some pictures) of stock and aftermarket pulleys? Thanks!

A 10% pulley is a pulley that is 10% smaller than the stock pulley on a 89 thunderbird SC.

Here is info:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54113&highlight=pulley

Also, the amount of OD does not dictate the amount of boost....

The Boost pressure you see on the gauge is back pressure, and exhaust, cam, head and etc changes can affect that amount of back pressure.

If everything is working good, the more OD and the lower the boost means thats more air being processed in the motor which means more power.

Fraser

OK thats good info but how would I go about seeing where that pulley is at? I dont think its on the supercharger since that pulley looks like normal size

Back