And the verdict is.....drumroll please...

XxSlowpokexX

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!..All I know is the upper tank of the mike 38sc rad balooned a bit..Looks cool actually There was no water in the oil untill......I filled my radiator up....The minute I pulled my first plug water came dribbling out the hole.....NOOTT GOOD..Cant say I ever blew a gasket like this!

So the motors stripped down to the longblock now..Tomorrow heads and headers come out and Ill really see what up.

Im beginning to second guess how this all happened. But every plug I pulled looked absolutely fine with no signs of detonation.

Heads off tomorrow...cleaned up an dreinstalled thursday..And maybe just maybe I can head out early friday morning for carlisle..If not maybe friday night..That is unless something really bad happened
We shall seeeeeee

Fairly typical for an SC. A lot of times people have cooling systems in poor condition and so end up chasing leaks for quite a while not understanding what the problem really is, and then there is the fact that you are running 50% more boost than most people to aggravate the situation.

When you pull the heads, look closely at the gaskets for little "rivers" that have been carved into the graphite. Classic signs of lifted heads and detonation.

I told you to get rid of that LMAF-90 :rolleyes: ;)

Sorry to hear this Damon. Th engine looked and sounded great a few weeks ago. Damn shame.

Ira

The gaskets were new and I was running arp studs. I have a feeling I was very low on water but whatever the reason I'm sure what you described gasket wise is what it wil llook like. Ive seen that many times before. But never to the extent of water just going from rad into engine liek that...WELL SEE!

The gaskets were new and I was running arp studs. I have a feeling I was very low on water but whatever the reason I'm sure what you described gasket wise is what it wil llook like. Ive seen that many times before. But never to the extent of water just going from rad into engine liek that...WELL SEE!

When you have it apart check each piston to see that it comes up full and square to the deck. I've seen many a bent connecting rod from this type of gasket failure - well and a few rods through the side of the block too.

A crack in an intake port or cracked block would suck water into the cylinder. You say water came dribbling out of the hole when you pulled the first plug. Do you mean spark plug? Did you have the engine upside down or was the cylinder filled up with water to the level of the plug?

I was filling my radiator and water came dribbling out after I pulled plug..Before that I had no water n there..Ill find out today though one way or another

There was no big smokeshow or even smoke out the tailpiupe..

If you had water in the cylinder and the radiator was fine, I would suggest checking the lower IM gaskets. But if the radiator is ballooned ... circumstances suggest massive HG failure.

It was definitely masive headgaskket failure.

The good.

No metal on my magnetic drain plug,
Motor spins by hand
All looks ok

The bad...

One more day till Carlisle and I need ot put it back together!

Soo I couldnt finish up last night. Need to throw IC an drad in and cross my fingers...Ill b ethere later on today!..No rush now so perhaps tonight

Back